Do I need a datalog on my boss302

Polodinks

Established Member
Hey guys this is my first tuned car and wanted to know if I need a datalog my car to make sure everything it good?

2012 boss 302
JLT intake
lethal off road x
flowmasters and that's it

my car is tuned by Lund runs great to me
but from a tuning point of view
will it help at all getting some datalog info to my tuner to fine tune if anything is out of the ordinary?

Sorry if it's a noob question just need advice

thanks guys

draxxus131

Established Member
It never really hurts to datalog a vehicle, at least you get to see what the ECU is thinking for the most part and what it is being told to do. But for your mods in general, those are some pretty safe modifications and Lund is pretty good. I would think it is safe to presume everything is working fine, but maybe more power can be squeaked out?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Go for it. You may not need it, but it's good to know how. And it couldn't hurt to have the tuner look it over to make sure everything is 100%.

AJG_03Cobra

Established Member
I would. I worked with John Lund Jr a lot on my old car and he was very willing to take a look at data. You may not get more power out of it, but fine tuning the standard MAF curve to your car can help with closed loop drivability. They will tell you exactly what PIDs to log and what to do as well. If nothing else, its a good learning experience. Cars are not getting any less advanced in the near future and it can be fun to learn how the control strategies are working.

Users who are viewing this thread