do i need a chip?

warren

Established Member
i finnaly got the car lowered, now the engine. all i have right now is an x pipe w/high flow cats and a php air intake. i ordered a accufab throttlebody and inlet, and jba shortie header and i still might be able to finish it off with a bassani exhaust. my question is do i need a chip? i heard all the horror storys of warrenties getting voided, one poor guy needed a whole new engine, and they voided his warrentie because of his chip! but i also understand that when you add aftermarket parts you need the car retuned. if i can i hope i can avoid the chip/ or tke my chances with the dealership if something goese haywire. can these parts work without the chip? any advice would greatly be appreciated, also anyone have a carbon fiber drive shaft? if you do how are they? thinking about getting one. thanks guys

Trader

Established Member
Get your car on the dyno after the mods.

I am going to put in lt headers,or pipe not going to get a chip. Going to couple it with a new intake to even it out.

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
Warren, you might want to wait on those JBA shorties, they are suppose to come out with new ones that match the 03 exhaust ports.

Users who are viewing this thread