Do I have the original floormats?

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
I've had these mats since I bought it used with 23K miles and they are curling up at the edges so I would like to replace them but can't find them or at least not in the last few months. If they are the original ones I would like to keep them but if not I'm going to trash them so any info is appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_0507.gif

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Why don't you just affix some industrial strength velcro to the mat.

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member
I'm pretty sure that original floor mats would have a grommet hole for them to hook to the carpet with. If that's the drivers side mat I would have to question whether it's the original. My original mats had no cobra emblem but had the grommet hole...but that was a '99 and they may have changed it for '01.

Just another opinion....

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
I'm pretty sure that original floor mats would have a grommet hole for them to hook to the carpet with. If that's the drivers side mat I would have to question whether it's the original. My original mats had no cobra emblem but had the grommet hole...but that was a '99 and they may have changed it for '01.

Just another opinion....

no that's the passenger side (look Ma, no pedals). The driver side has the grommet hole so I'm good on that.

They're cracking as well, this is actually the better mat of the two and I don't want to force them into submission cause they will just do it again so I'll buy some different ones, no biggie.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
Last edited:

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
you can wash them in the washing machine and they lay down good and look great. No DRYER

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member

Just another opinion....

Same for my 99.

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
OP - As others stated, you have original Cobra floormats. Very difficult to find new (authentic) replacements for those nowadays.

If you buy new mats, it might not be a bad idea to dish out a little TLC to your old original mats and keep them tucked away somewhere.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
I wish my car came with the original mats. It only came with plain ones which the dealer said they took from a Mustang GT since they didnt have the mats for my car. So I have since bought the Cobra mats from American muscle that have the snakes in the middle of the mats. But I like those original ones alot

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
Dash Z Racing Mats, disappointed!

well washing the originals didn't really do anything so whatever. I did however take a pic and video review of the new mats. I decided to do a video review cause I didn't feel like typing and you could see what I was talking about better. I'm pretty furious with the Dash Z Racing company which I didn't know was possible since they're just stupid floor mats but here it is. BTW take it easy on criticizing my first "review", ha.

BEFORE!:

IMG_0525.gif

DURING:
[ame=http://s330.photobucket.com/albums/l412/MDK210/Misc/?action=view&current=MVI_0528.flv]Misc :: MVI_0528.flv video by MDK210 - Photobucket[/ame]

AFTER:

IMG_0529.gif

Users who are viewing this thread