Do i dare venture to the Darkside?????

BPLS1

Established Member
Hey whats up guys i have a slightly modded 04 ZO6 but am wanting alittle more affordable, i was going to go back to LS1 but i think i will get more for my money with a 04 cobra, can some of u cobra guys give me honest opinions about the cobra? IS it worth trading in my ZO6 for, any problems with the car, anythings u guys do and dont like??? Thanks

JayplaySS

I got a Cobra
Established Member
Man, I dont think it is worth loosing the ZO6 but zero complaints here as long as you plan on going with a ported s/c or twin screw, that makes the car feel totally different. Very fun and user friendly. With easy mods, few cars can beat you on the street.

mysticalsnake

Established Member
looks pretty good, you can definitely get one cheaper than in the 27's...just depends on different things. It also looks as if you've found one that got the K&N, aftermarket exhaust, and pullied. So it seems as if somebody got a start on it already, but you can always finish it off! :-D

suprjagr

WHIPPLED 21LBS.
Established Member
if you take it to the level I have you will love the car...I would try to get one that had alot of work to it, so you don't have to put the money into it...you can always buy mine

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol, well I'll throw in my .02 cents. I really think it depends on what you want to use the car for. The Z06 obviously handles like its on rails, and gets way more looks than a Cobra (good and bad) BUT...The Cobra is way cheaper to mod. Dont get me wrong I love our Z06, but with the Whipple I have a lot more fun in the Cobra. People expect Vette's to be fast, with the Cobra it seems people dont know what they are getting into when they pull up trying to race. Now once we get our TT on our Vette, my whole perception might change :) Lol, but the turbo kit alone is costing more than all the mods on my Cobra put together. So if you wanted affordable, the Cobra is what you want, lol no Vette tax :D

BPLS1

Established Member
im in a very hard predicament, i just want something more affordable right now, i am only 23 and want only one bad ass car with low miles, and someting that can hold my future kids in.

sick03cobra

you made Terminator mad!
Established Member
i drove my buddies Z06 and i thought it was cool but I like the "viceral" feeling of my termie....I feel more connected to the power..its unrefined..and its a sleeper to all those porsche, ferarri bucketheads

Quik Z06

Established Member
BPLS1 said:
i am only 23 and want only one bad ass car with low miles, and someting that can hold my future kids in.

Lol, well unless you plan on sticking them in the hatch part of the Z06, I think you answered your question. Personally I like having more room too, 2 seaters are nice but sometimes you just need more room.

snake134

danistanggt said:
yeah come on over to the darkside. i think you would be happy!!!!
:dw:
i would take a 04 z06 over a terminator anyday,.....but the terminator is still my favorite car

- Aj -

Established Member
dewit.gif

:D

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
BPLS1 said:
im in a very hard predicament, i just want something more affordable right now, i am only 23 and want only one bad ass car with low miles, and someting that can hold my future kids in.

what do you mean affordable? do you have any savings? do you own a home? if you have neither i would recomend neither. it might be time to buck up and become responsible?

dont purchase a car based on future aspirations. purchase a car based on financial growth as a young man. meaning if your financial wealth can not grow based on the car you drive, you have too much car. a good measering stick is take your yearly income and divide it in two. this should be the maximum that your car can be worth(40k salary, 20k car). if its more than this you will have too much money invested in items that go down in value.:idea:

when you do become a family man, i would suggest the cts v, or srt 8's. stay away from the 2 doors. too much hassle.;-)

SVT_4_me

Established Member
it's a tough call on that one... the Z06 and the cobra are totally different animals... the cobra will save you a good bit of money, including insurance, and can be made wicked fast for cheap. the Z06 is more of a sports car whereas the cobra is more of a muscle car. i personally think the interior of the cobra is much nicer than the Z06. and that huge shifter can be easily remedied for $180 with an MGW shifter.

BPLS1

Established Member
i cant do it guys, i steeped foot onto a FORD dealer and realized that at heart i am a chevy guy, i will sell my 04 ZO6 privatly and save for the New Camaro

Users who are viewing this thread