Do Auxilary Idlers sometimes make you.....

F8LSNK04

Established Member
When I was looking around to buy an Auxilary Idler pulley, like the Metco 100mm.... I was told buy one of the JDM guys not to put one on because some guys has actually lost power by putting an Aux. Idler, so they wanted me to use their pair of 100mm Idlers and leave the stock upper Idler near the charger pulley in place and just replace the two lower ones.... Is this true that you can loose power? What belt do I use for maximum performance? This is my pulley set up that I will be running:

- Reichard Racing 2.80 ultra grip pulley
- Metco 100mm Auxilary Idler
- (2)Metco 100mm lower Idlers

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
maybe true but its also true that you can lose power from belt slip by NOT using an idler...something to think about

maoun

Established Member
talk to dougwg...he'll set you straight

losing power from idlers? i think that's ridiculous....maybe a quarter of a hp.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
In my opiniom, the metco or billetflow upper idler is the only pulley that actually helps prevent belt slip. Replacing the two lower idlers is not needed at all IMO.

This is what I would do, put on your pulley, and then see if you have any belt slip. There is a good chance you might not need ANY idlers. But, if you put on the pulley, and your getting noticeable slip, then add an upper idler (the one right under the supercharger pulley).

Thats all you need.

Users who are viewing this thread