Do any Lightning Parts vendors have Websites??

Ebbsnflows

Established Member
I keep hearing about all of the awesome Vendors that specialize in Lightning stuff...but have any of them entered the 21st century, and developed a website to show their products?? Jeez, I've looked all over the freakin' internet for "JDM", "PSP" and others mentioned on here....Nothing, nada, zippo, zilch! All I find are phone #'s. WTF?? How the hell are you supposed to know whats available and how much it costs?? Am I supposed to just call up (long distance) and start asking for random parts....maybe they have it, maybe they don't??

ATTENTION VENDORS: I've got $$$....I want to buy MODS. What do you have to offer. Contact me, cuz I sure as Hell can't find YOU!!

Spending money shouldn't be this hard.

Ebbsnflows

Established Member
Originally posted by Incon306
JDM uses the JDM section of the forums on this site.
Johnny Lightning has a website: www.johnnylightningperf.com
PSP also has a website: www.powersurgeperformance.net

Thanks for the links. I'm still somewhat disappointed though. I guess I was hoping for a few more pictures and better descriptions of what I'm dropping my money on. I honestly have no idea what a 90mm "w/ boot" looks like? Or what a Filter "w/ outer wears" is compared to a "Filter Kit". I realize that, to most of you, those are basic mods that anyone can recognize.....but I've spent my time under the hoods of cars not S/C'd Trucks.

To be honest...I'd really like to deal w/ JDM...but when I go to their "section" on here....all I see is a bunch of "Me too's" asking for product pricing. Wouldn't it be easier to just post a price list on the board and have it permanently posted at the top of that Forum Section??

I guess I'm just spoiled w/ the availability of F-Body/Mustang parts. Competition dictates that suppliers/vendor make their wares as accessible as possible to the consumer.

Regardless....Thanks for your help Incon/TommyL/Dr. D. :D

DR.D

Established Member
yea

That's what I meant by if you keep looking. If you scroll PAST the Lightning forumm on the main SVT forum page you'll see JDM Engineering and there is a list posted there. I did the same thing and got boxed on the ears for not looking around before asking the same question 50 people before me asked, and at least one after me (you).

acerbas

Established Member
Agree with Ebbsnflows. Trying to get information about JDM products is a pain in the arse. If you go to the JDM engineering section you don't get a price list or pictures, you just get a bunch of threads and you have to try and guess which ones, if any, have the information you are seeking. Ditto for the new products section. I opened a thread there titled "product and price list" and all I got was a bunch of people requesting to be e-mailed or faxed same. If you want pictures of the products you have to hope that some customer will post them for you. I really want to order some of Jim's stuff, but getting information about them is almost more than I can bear. Hell of a way to run a business, if you ask me.

John Armstrong

Established Member
Just look and you will find it.

Here is the price list that Julie@JDM posted on the Web.

JDM Engineering
60 JERSEYVILLE AVE
FREHHOLD, NJ 07728
Phone number (732) 780-0770
Fax number ( 732) 780-1715

PARTS PRICE lIST:

DESCRIPTION: UNIT PRICE
5" Aluminum Driceshaft 295.00
Upper Blower Pulley 189.00
Lower Pulley 239.00
Torque Converter 995.00
Line Mod Valve 99.00w/o chip/89.00w/ chip
Throttle Body 495.00
90 mm Mass Air +Boot 195.00
Air filter 12" 75.00
90mm for 2000&under,complete 395.00
Filter Ring Adapter 50.00
Traction Bars 465.00
Electric Fan 395.00
3.73 Gears 295.00
4.10 Gears 455.00
Single Chip 275.00
Flip Chip 390.00
Reburns ( not ours) 75.00
Spark Plugs 32.00
Thermostat 25.00 Drive Shaftloop 89.00
Water Pump 105.00
Brather Cap 30.00
Convertion Bracket for T/B 25.00
Fuel Rails 100.00
Fuel Regulators 88.00
Head Lights 240.00 set
Turn Signals 86.00 set
Tail Lights 150.00 set

And... it's located right here..... scroll down a little ways.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4760

Last edited:

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
The reason Jim doesn't have a website is because I let him down back in April.. I tried to go up to jerzee and make a access db and a storefront but I got really sick half way up.. Jim is 100% Stand up guy and i'm sorry I let him down.. I'm gonna try and make it up sometime.. Jims products speak for themselves and he's a very stand up guy. He's busy tuning the hell out of cars, trucks, and making great products and answering questions all day..

DR.D

Established Member
Ripper

Great Sig. Wonder why there's no yellow L? I saw a picture of one in an ad in the back of Fast Fords.. was gonna get one 'til I found out there wasn't one.

Ebbnflows- used to live out that way-Landover, used to go to the Landover Mall when it was new-yep-I'm old as dirt. I lived in District Heights. We used to race on Brown Station rd. in Upper Marlboro. Ran over my first rabbit there.

Last edited:

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
In case you don't know, SVT thought about making the yellow Lightning in 2000, but it was a toss up between that or silver....they went w/silver. The yellow one you saw was probably the prototype they built when they were trying to decide.
(hope this helps)

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
I was wondering what a yellow lighting looked liek so I d/l that pic and just made one in photoshop.. I don't like the Zinc
Yellow near as much as the chrome yellow. (Think there differant :confused: ) but i'd love to see a yellow lightning.. Hopefully they add it in 2004 or whenever there changing the design?

Users who are viewing this thread