Do aluminum romero blocks exist???

SVTNewEdge01

Established Member
Ok i was doing some research and could not find any information about these types of blocks made by svt n Romero factory plant.. My original block was a wap hand made by rpms n his partna (Dont remember his signature plate name only RPMS) Ford had to repiece my block by using both wap n Romero in the mix.. Outside core seems to be all Romero which is the top n sides of the engine n the wap pieces seems to be the center , front n back of the engine i think.. This had to be done due to me tearing up my block n was no longer usable.. Ford assured me that its still all aluminum inside n out..

Mrpancho95

Established Member
Have you ever taken the intake manifold off That will tell you if you have an aluminum or iron block or you can take a magnet to the block and see if it sticks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SVTNewEdge01

Established Member
Look at my signature plate it says Romero... Everywhere i looked says Romero only made iron blocks... but my plate clearly says Romero 4v 4.6 cobra

SVTNewEdge01

Established Member
20160519_120136.jpg 20160519_120148.jpg
20160608_144807.jpg20160608_144807.jpg

I know im messing up im trying to do this as quickly as possible mu phone wants to die on me

Last edited:

Mrpancho95

Established Member
Those are c head valve covers, you have a WAP block, it's aluminum, the heads are also aluminum as well, if it's got an 8 bolt crank then you also have a forged crankshaft

Mrpancho95

Established Member
Also Romeo is the plant but the niche line was a building behind the Romeo plant that assembled our cobra engines aluminum and iron the same.

SVTNewEdge01

Established Member
So could the top be from an older 4v.. Because from what i understand 01 cobras only came with wap or teksid.. Im just trying to narrow down where this Romero aluminum block came from

SVTPete83

Established Member
It's a wap aluminum block. Tag is where the motor was assembled, not where the block was made. Teksid made there way into a few 99s I believe and all pre 98 cobras. After that it was all the way block until 2003.

-SVTPete

Mrpancho95

Established Member
It's a wap aluminum block. Tag is where the motor was assembled, not where the block was made. Teksid made there way into a few 99s I believe and all pre 98 cobras. After that it was all the way block until 2003.

-SVTPete

The WAP wasn't till 01 but it was only in like 30% of 01s. 99-01 had teksids too.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
My plate says the same thing. Romeo Niche line. I bought mine from the original owner, with all the service records including the fix. As others have said, you have an aluminum WAP block. Unless you are planning a crazy twin turbo 1000+ rwhp build, it doesn't matter at all. Even if you were, then you probably would want an iron block.

Users who are viewing this thread