Do 18x8 BBS wheels fit over brembos

alpinestarslp

Established Member
Hello, I have been looking everywhere for this, does anyone know off hand if these wheels will fit over the brembo brakes?? I want to ask here before I call up the company thanks!

CH-Challenge

or

CS

I want them both in the 18X8 rim style for my non track wheels

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
More than likely they have two fitments, one that is cut for the brakes and a set that aren't.

Really though, you should just call up the company. None of us here work for them I doubt and may not actually know.

D.T.R

Established Member
More than likely they have two fitments, one that is cut for the brakes and a set that aren't.

Really though, you should just call up the company. None of us here work for them I doubt and may not actually know.

x2

Dave_6

Established Member
The CH's look identical to what was ran on some of the Boss 302Rs in the Continental Tire series. They ran huge Brembos in front and used 18" wheels.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
With a 9 inch wide wheel the brembos just barely clear the wheel. That said, like others have posted you may want to ask the company for details.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
With a 9 inch wide wheel the brembos just barely clear the wheel. That said, like others have posted you may want to ask the company for details.

It isn't really the width of a wheel that causes interference with the caliper, but rather the offset of the mounting pad and wheel spokes in relation to the caliper.

The brembo caliper is simply wider than the base brake cars.

If you take a good look at the Brembo package wheels you'll notice that the spokes have cutouts around where the caliper would be. The clearance between the spoke and caliper towards the center of the wheel is probably only around an 1/8th of an inch.

Users who are viewing this thread