DNA Trace System???

JustaGT5408

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone knew any background on these stickers that I have on about every panel of my car. I wasn't sure if it was something that a previous owner had done as a theft deterrent or if it was standard on the 03/04 Cobra's. I've searched Google with about every phrase on the sticker but have had no luck finding anything about it.

9F651A01-988E-48F1-99DE-F4A3AE69FCD4_zps6v8pmqw8.jpg

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
My old convertible had something like that. A red sticker with a serial number on every body panel. I think it was some kind of dealer add on like the etched glass and stuff. My vert had the etched glass too.

mustang john

Established Member
Lexus used to do something similar back when HID headlights first hit the market. There was a nation wide rash of stealing the headlights and Lexus used a tracing system to help prevent theft and the resale of stolen parts. The headlight had a few drops of this liquid on a certain spot on the head light assembly and in the liquid were tiny ids that could only be seen under magnification. There was a label we installed indicating this was done.

Last edited:

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys, I've noticed it for a while and didn't really think much of it. Its a neat feature if I could figure out how to look it up or whatever, hopefully will never have to worry about using it though!

DannyBoy08

Established Member
I love the DNA reference. The only DNA these cars should have is from scrapped knuckles under the hood...or the back seat. Neither will help you recover a stolen car. Someone has been watching too much CSI. No offense to any theft deterrent, I'm in agreement with the fundamental concepts, I just don't think using buzzwords is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread