DIY (Epic fail inside)

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Haha, I was looking at those earlier today. Who let those people operate a welder?

Svt4ever22

Established Member
What's wrong with the muffler-turbo one? Was going on a Mustang, right? Wonder how it panned out.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
a couple of those were for shits and giggles. The guy holding up the manifold with flex tubing runners and collector was Shearer Fab, makers of some of the finest looking headers/o2 housings/downpipes for the evo/dsm community. Did it out of boredom. And the TT mustang with the muffler for the carb collector actually worked out pretty well iirc (the muffler was gutted!)

VEE EIGHT

Banned
Looks like the interior of a mustang :bored:

2yn45sg.jpg

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
medium_3368546675_7a04aaa6e1_o.jpg

That actually looks pretty slick, looks like it's for a Mustang, too. I see nothing wrong with that, assuming the muffler is gutter and everything is router properly.

EDIT - Nevermind, this is the same setup that's in the above picture. Great idea, poor execution.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
the turbo honduh doesn't count because they go was trying to go as fast as possible as cheaply as possible. the muffler plenom doesn't count because it could actually work perfectly fine. the turbo with the fins welded on doesn't count becuase the dude was screwing around with his junker while his uprade was in the mail. its also not uncommon for off-road guys to stick their filters in the cab so it doesn't suck up any water/mud(though, its hard to tell what the hell is going on in the pic of the 2 air filters). and, finally, the turbo muffler i believe that it actually worked(im pretty sure it did, cant remember. either way, atleast someone was expirimenting and not just bolting a K&N cone filter on the end of some RV sewage hose).
the only real fail that i see, is from the majority of the jalopnik staff, as well as 99% of the commentors who have never touched a welder in their life. though, there is some legit fab fail in there.

Last edited:

red9450

Established Member
that diy turbo setup that is posted in the above pictures worked, and iirc worked pretty damn well. He is a turbo mustang member I believe.... Green 94-95 GT

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
None of those people should be allowed to weld again. Not for the ideas, b/c everyone has stupid ideas, but for their welding ability. Or lack of, I should say.

Users who are viewing this thread