dissapointment

MystictealLt1

Established Member
im cruising around in the SS tonight with my buddy in his formula behind me, so we come up to a light and my buddy calls and says "yo mike check out whats coming next to you". I look over and see black gt500 and im like oh wow(thinking in my head god i just wanted to run a 03-04 cobra now i might run a gt500) I look over and its two younger kids so it didnt add up with them in the car. The passenger says "oh shit listen to the ss" well light turns green i roll out easy in 1st gear and then give em a lil blip of the gas makin the car jump lettin em know im game.......the gt500 does same and lets me listen to the blower but theres traffic in the way. Out of nowhere he just punches it and starts swirving in out off traffic so i said f- that im not chasing him. So im very dissapointed lol finally something cool to race and no go because they had to drive like a nut..........so how would i stand up against a stock gt500? (my car trapped at 118mph)

TH3N0TH1NG

Banned
With a good driver I think they run 12.7/12.8 @ 112-113mph stock. Probably would have been a pretty close race...

MystictealLt1

Established Member
i thought i seen somewhere they trapped 120's lol maybe im just seeing shit....def a cool car just to bad the driver was a nut

BayareaSS

Established Member
MystictealLt1 said:
i thought i seen somewhere they trapped 120's lol maybe im just seeing shit....def a cool car just to bad the driver was a nut

Not even close to 120! You would give him a better run if you just had full boltons.

If you trapped 118 you would easily beat a stock GT500

fusionchicken

Established Member
yea with your trap you can beat a stock gt500, they're too heavy to trap that high in stock form.

sorry to hear about your encounter...

manOwar

Established Member
A lot of the GT500 owners are going straight to a 2.6 pulley and tune @ 540-550whp. With stock exhaust, you'll never know it's modded.

95 cobra vert

Established Member
To bad you didnt get to go, i want to know what the outcome would have been. I'm sure you would have got him, but it would have been fun anyways.

Emin

Banned
8CYLINDER said:
With a good driver I think they run 12.7/12.8 @ 112-113mph stock. Probably would have been a pretty close race...
:bs: they trap anywhere from 115-118 with a good driver

Last edited:

MystictealLt1

Established Member
Emin said:
:bs: they trap anywhere from 115-118 with a good driver
yeah i agree with you im sure they put some decent times and mph down, i was so excited lol too bad tho i cant even find any local termi's to play around with

musclefan21

Established Member
they run high 12s with avarage driver and mid-low 12s with good drivers and they trap between 115mph-118mph

Klay

Established Member
It has been said already in this thread but they are low 12's capable with a good driver. Check out the shelby gt500 portion of this website to give you an idea of what they run.

04gtstang

Established Member
I seen ALOT of GT500s at fun ford weekend (all showing lol..none racing). But I stopped and looked at one that had DRs on the back. Red coupe. Guys said it had 560RWHP, pullied and a few boltons. But said it ran a best of 12.3ish @ 121 spinning off the line. Probably a bit quicker than my car if driver right, but even with a crappy 60' and my VERY first run on my new setup I went 12.3 @ 120 yesterday ( best of 11.75 @ 122 ...full street trim) . Those things weigh a TON, so it takes alot of power to get them to move.

Oh and is your 118MPH trap in full street trim? If so, then you shouldnt have a problem with most of them.

Last edited:

MystictealLt1

Established Member
yup full street trim,just some 315 nitto dr's in the back...maybe ill run into him again but i doubt it

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
I havent personally seen the gt500 trapping that high....

Users who are viewing this thread