Discrepancies in a ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
This is a serious question, however it happened last year so it really doesn't matter anymore. Just posting it up to see how lucky I was, I guess.

It was around this time, last year, I had just gotten back to Oregon. Of course, it was raining. I was driving to a friend's house, using a 55mph limit highway. I was MOST DEFINITELY not going more than 65. A LEO on a motorcycle (In the rain?), headed the other direction apparently zapped me going 88 in that 55mph zone. I saw him, and as soon as I saw him, slowed down to 55. Saw his lights flip on, and saw him make a U-turn in my mirror, and he was on me pretty fast for it being as rainy as it was. I didn't even know he was coming after me until I saw him pull the U-turn. So this is why I was confused that he got me going 88, when I am positive I wasn't. Anyways, he comes up and tells me all of this, and I was confused the whole time. Yes, I realize I was speeding. But I told him I wouldn't be going 88 in this weather. He told me he knew what he saw, and I said, ok, and left it at that.

So he gives me this ticket, and upon further inspection, the car written on this ticket is not my '89 Mustang, but a red 2005 Toyota, registered in California, plate # not the same as mine. So I talked to a few people, including my friend's dad, a sheriff. They all said to take it to court, and see if it won't be dropped because of all the different info on the ticket. So that's what I did, and the ticket was dropped.

How often do these kinds of things happen? And is what happened to me, what happens in other situations like that? Also, what exactly happened, so that the other vehicle was printed on the ticket. Did the officer peg another driver, and not change something in the computer before he put my information in?

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Yes, I was just reminded of this by a post in RDJ's thread.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
So a motorcycle officer was riding in the rain, clocked you at 88 on radar in the rain, pulled you over in the rain, and used a computer in the rain to issue you a ticket?

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
So a motorcycle officer was riding in the rain, clocked you at 88 on radar in the rain, pulled you over in the rain, and used a computer in the rain to issue you a ticket?

Yes, I just thought it was a little funny as to how fast he caught up to me from going the other direction in the rain if I was actually going "88 mph."

But that's not my question, is it?

Last edited:

SFVBlueMach

Established Member
I thought officers issue you a written ticket while a printed one gets mailed to your house.

Last edited:

silver03svt

Established Member
How often do these kinds of things happen? And is what happened to me, what happens in other situations like that? Also, what exactly happened, so that the other vehicle was printed on the ticket. Did the officer peg another driver, and not change something in the computer before he put my information in?

Yes, I just thought it was a little funny as to how fast he caught up to me from going the other direction in the rain if I was actually going "88 mph."

But that's not my question, is it?

Well let's just answer your questions then skippy. #1- These things are very rare indeed. Studies show that cops actually **** up only once per every 15 years, but only if leap year that go 'round falls on an odd year. #2-This is exactly what happens to other drivers when it happens to them. Well with the exception that they don't post threads that nobody really gives a shit about. #3-How in the **** do we know how it happened. We weren't there with the officer in the rainwhen he wrote you the ticket. And why is it funny how fast he caught up with you? You admitted you slowed down. So, you slow down, he's speeding up, common sense would tell the normal person that he would catch up to you rather quickly. Now, go back to your idiotic thread in smackdown.

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Well let's just answer your questions then skippy. #1- These things are very rare indeed. Studies show that cops actually **** up only once per every 15 years, but only if leap year that go 'round falls on an odd year. #2-This is exactly what happens to other drivers when it happens to them. Well with the exception that they don't post threads that nobody really gives a shit about. #3-How in the **** do we know how it happened. We weren't there with the officer in the rainwhen he wrote you the ticket. And why is it funny how fast he caught up with you? You admitted you slowed down. So, you slow down, he's speeding up, common sense would tell the normal person that he would catch up to you rather quickly. Now, go back to your idiotic thread in smackdown.

:dw: Did I offend you sir? I don't need to hear how retarded I am in a thread that "nobody gives a shit about," yet you post away. I could have done without the condescending tone here. Thanks though, most of my questions have been answered, unless you were being sarcastic.

Last edited:

txyaloo

Established Member
I thought officers issue you a written ticket while a printed one gets mailed to your house.

Have you ever received one like that? They sure don't do that in Texas. I have received both written and hand printed ones on the side of the road. It just depends on what technology the department has.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
:dw: Did I offend you sir? I don't need to hear how retarded I am in a thread that "nobody gives a shit about," yet you post away. I could have done without the condescending tone here. Thanks though, most of my questions have been answered, unless you were being sarcastic.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

maybe you should spend some quality time reading the rules of SVTP.

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

maybe you should spend some quality time reading the rules of SVTP.

I'm following the rules. I do not see what I said as being disrespectful to him or any other LEO. Maybe it's he who should read them.

1. Be respectful. No flaming (except in Smack Down).

3. Corrections to other’s information should not be condescending in nature. This is a forum for the exchange of ideas and information. You are expected to remain civil and express your thoughts in a mature manner.

SFVBlueMach

Established Member
Have you ever received one like that? They sure don't do that in Texas. I have received both written and hand printed ones on the side of the road. It just depends on what technology the department has.
Yes, my fix-it tickets and one speeding ticket were given to me in a form where my information was written on. I believe the parking enforcement in my area give out printed ones.:shrug:

silver03svt

Established Member

Nope. I don't get offended. And I only posted that because you wanted your questions answered. So do you want me to post and answer them or not post? You got to make up your mind. And what corrections to others' information did I make with the condescending tone are you say you are detecting?

Last edited:

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Nope. I don't get offended. And I only posted that because you wanted your questions answered. So do you want me to post and answer them or not post? You got to make up your mind. And what corrections to others' information did I make with the condescending tone are you say you are detecting?

I know there are other LEO's on this site that wouldn't have answered so sarcastically. I made the one thread in smackdown for some fun, and made the mistake of making a serious thread at about the same time. I thank you for answering my questions, however with the condescending tone rampant in your response to me, I don't know whether to take you seriously or not.

leave.jpg

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I know there are other LEO's on this site that wouldn't have answered so sarcastically. I made the one thread in smackdown for some fun, and made the mistake of making a serious thread at about the same time. I thank you for answering my questions, however with the condescending tone rampant in your response to me, I don't know whether to take you seriously or not.

Njcolas would have given you sound advice. He is an LEO. :lol1:

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Njcolas would have given you sound advice. He is an LEO. :lol1:

Is silver03svt another "LEO" like Njcolas? Because I have gathered that Njcolas is not from other posts. Is that what you're implying?

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Is silver03svt another "LEO" like Njcolas? Because I have gathered that Njcolas is not from other posts. Is that what you're implying?

What have you gathered? Have you been sent here to gather intel on us?

I'm not implying anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread