Discrediting the Marine Corps

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I read almost 3/4 of this forum to find most of the posts so hateful and overall jealous. I almost believed some of the bullshit I read in these articles.
Anyways, I don't understand how a veteran can talk so much smack about his fellow service members/usmc

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCMwZ7lgm8I&feature=related"]Army vs marines the truth - YouTube[/nomedia]

Never Faithful; The Rivalry Between our Army and Marines « The Populist
The author is A. Scott Piraino

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Sounds like a bunch of BOOFRIGGENHOO to me. Each branch has it's own significant victories and tales to tell. No need to bash our sister branches. Last time I checked we are on the same damn side. I've served with great people from every branch. We each have our own roles and missions and we are each the best in the business at those missions- lets just leave it at that. Those that dis-honer their brothers and sisters in uniform have no honor at all. You need to take a hard look in the mirror if you are so myopic to think you're better than anybody else because of a particular branch you serve in!!

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Didn't watch. I love the Army and have had great experiences with other services. Most of my experiences have been in Special Ops so maybe I just see a different mentality.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I never understood the rivalry between the branches either.. I know obviously the Coast Guard is the smallest and less aggressive of all of them but we do some pretty cool shit to that no one really thinks about haha.. We all work together either way..

04SloSnake

Its just an Eaton
Established Member
The rivalry is as old as the military itself and it will always be there. Not to mention it can help raise morale when you're sitting on a 12 hour post and its freezing outside that you guys can look at each other and say, "At least we're not in the Army" and share a laugh. I've never heard anyone that takes it that serious.

clbailey

Established Member
As I'm sitting in my chair posting on forums at Langley AFB, working weekend flightline MX duty all I can do is chuckle and say at least Im not in the Navy...

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Sounds like a bunch of BOOFRIGGENHOO to me. Each branch has it's own significant victories and tales to tell. No need to bash our sister branches. Last time I checked we are on the same damn side. I've served with great people from every branch. We each have our own roles and missions and we are each the best in the business at those missions- lets just leave it at that. Those that dis-honer their brothers and sisters in uniform have no honor at all. You need to take a hard look in the mirror if you are so myopic to think you're better than anybody else because of a particular branch you serve in!!

All this coming from a guy who created a thread not too long ago with a biased youtube video aimed at discrediting the Army.:bored:

The comments in that article were not at all suprising. I don't understand why people can't get over thier damn selves. So your in the USMC? Cool. So your in the Army? Cool. Can't we all just be proud about serving our country and have a :beer: in remembrance of those who gave all to this country we love?

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
The rivalry is as old as the military itself and it will always be there. Not to mention it can help raise morale when you're sitting on a 12 hour post and its freezing outside that you guys can look at each other and say, "At least we're not in the Army" and share a laugh. I've never heard anyone that takes it that serious.

Rivalry and Pride in service I get. But completely trashing and denigrating FELLOW service members goes beyond the pale and is not on the same level as rivalry. IOW's, sure I'm glad and proud to be a Marine. But does that mean Dale's service and contribution was any less significant because he's a soldier, or someone else because they are an Airmen, Sailor, Coastie? - and vice versa?..... I say no. You will never achieve the level of greatness you desire by holding others down or trashing them.

I come from a military family where each service (except CG) has been represented. Sure we give each other a hard time and JOKE around. But what that was on YouTube isn't a joke or rivalry- that's hatred:nonono:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
All this coming from a guy who created a thread not too long ago with a biased youtube video aimed at discrediting the Army.:bored:

The comments in that article were not at all suprising. I don't understand why people can't get over thier damn selves. So your in the USMC? Cool. So your in the Army? Cool. Can't we all just be proud about serving our country and have a :beer: in remembrance of those who gave all to this country we love?

So in YOUR mind that was the on the same level as the video the OP posted? REALLY? You're kidding right:poke:.... the video I posted was what we call rivalry. And I might add my friend, that if you go back and look at the thread many SOLDIERS commented that they thought some of the techniques used in your boot camp were a little soft. Regardless, we approach things differently, we have a different mentality, we have a different mission. That is where the difference ENDS. WE are on the same damn team. I would never denigrate the service of you or anyone else who has served honorably no matter what branch.

Last edited:

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
how can you discredit the worlds second greatest propaganda entity next to the third reich?

lol

The rivalry is strong but the bond is even stronger. We are the .1%

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Theres good and bad with every service, just like there is with every 'normal' job.

The folks that get all bloodthirsty over stupid shit like this is beyond me. I don't bag other career fields or services. Each one has their specific role and work in tandem all the time. Without one of them, the rest would fall flat.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Anyone that wants to bash another branch by what they learned in bootcamp is either
A. a booter
B. a civilian
C. someone with too low of an ASVAB score to land a decent Rate or MOS in the military and has no clue wtf they are talking about

Anyone that has a clue would realize that the real training doesn't start until you are out of bootcamp. I know it would get boring around here if the Marines and Navy weren't always messing with eachother. I dish it out and get it in return every day. I'm deployed right now with about 400 Marines and 200 Navy. We rely on each other to complete our missions. The Marines would not be able to do anything with out us and we would have no mission without our Marines (at least on the platform that I'm on). Let the bashings continue, and don't take it to heart. The real ones we need to get pissed off at are the ones threatening our nation and families back home.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
I don't care what anyone says. The best tour I ever served was when I worked in Iraq with Marines, Air Force, and Navy. Not to mention my Soldiers. I was their first line supervisor and not one problem or issue did not not get resolved, quickly. It does not get any better than that. Sure, we have our inter-service BS but when it all comes down to it we are a Joint Fighting Force with one goal... victory and bringing each other home.

hammerhead2

Established Member
There has always been rivalry between the branches and ribbing and jokes but the vast majority of people from every branch do not take it seriously and I have never seen anyone that truly did before that video. I spent 6 years in the Army and worked with about every branch other than Cost Guard and only very limited exposure to the Navy but from my experience every branch had the same goal in the end. Yes there are up's and downs to every branch but everyone is there to serve their country.

Users who are viewing this thread