Discoloring Tips

pvteye

Established Member
I have had the MagnaFlow Rolled Tips on my MagnaFlow CatBack with the stock H pipe for about 350 miles. Everything was fine.. tips stayed nice and clean the whole time. About 150 Miles ago, I had the MAC O/R ProChamber installed and now the Tips are discoloring... they have that slight Brown / Bronze tint to them that the CatBack got after a few hundred miles of driving when I first installed it. Anyone else had Tips to discolor after going with an offroad H or X? I am guessing it is Temp related, however I would have thought the Exhaust Temp would have gone down with removing the Cats..
They polish out just fine and look as good as new.... but prior to the ProChamber they never discolored at all...
Thanks,
Rex

Last edited:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
It's called carbon, quite common with catless exhaust. It's not about exh temp going up or down, you are just not fully combusting it as before.

Keep on polishing or get some cats in there.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
postban said:
It's called carbon, quite common with catless exhaust. It's not about exh temp going up or down, you are just not fully combusting it as before.

Keep on polishing or get some cats in there.

Yep my maggie tips look the same exact way with the PC.

pvteye

Established Member
Thanks, strange though.. it is the full length of the tips... not just on the rolled lips.....

Users who are viewing this thread