Disc Repair

awesomeman

Banned
Dose anyone know where i could get a disk repaired. My buddy gave me modern warfare 2 because it was scratched and i think i've herd that hollywood video fixes disc's but i wasn't sure. If anyone knows if they do and how much they cost that would be great.

awesomeman

Banned
I did but the dude i talked to had know idea what i was talking about. so Im assuming that they don't do it any more but I'm not sure if the guy was just dumb.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
Most game stores can do it. I know most of the movie stores in town here do it and smaller game places do for like 3 bucks.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Swing by a Bestbuy and get a Disc/dvd/game Dr... they usually run $40 to $50. I've used it a few times on some scratched cds, with great results.

wrksnfx

FordTrucksDaRestJustSuck
Established Member
Go to your local dollarstore and get toothpaste and tooth brush now turn the disk upside down so that the bottom of the disk is facing up now first wet the toothbrush and put some dollar store tooth paste (because of it's mild abrasive powder in the toothpaste) on the brush then take the brush from the edge of the clear part to the outside of the disk in the 6 O'clock position from the center out straight down (GENTLY!) then move the disk so as to go to the side next to the previous path BUT NEVER in a circular motion (like the movement of a standard clock arm travel) that the laser reader would travel in cause this will wreck the disks readability do one complete revolution around the disk and rinse w/ cold water then let the disk air dry then try it in your drive if that doesn't work then you'll have to make an .ISO image (it's like a snapshot of the disk) of the disk google IsoBuster it works on cd's & dvd's for game cd's they usually put errors on them to keep them from being copied.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread