Disappointing Shelby GT500 Numbers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenexlevel

Established Member
Anyone take a look at the reviews from car and drive and motortrend on the Shelby GT500 numbers? The car having 500 hp and weighing in at 3900 lbs and costing 42k, runs 0-60 in 4.5 sec which is good (some new launch technology for implemented for this ) but running the 1/4 mile in 12.7-12.8 @ 11x. Weight distribution moved forward a lot to 57.7%/42.3% as car and driver called it extremely nose heavy.

They had a comparason with the new c6 and the shelby got slaughtered in almost everything except two test they said. For the last year or so I dreamed of how the GT500 was going to be amazing, now i'm not so sure about it.... :fm:

Any opinions?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
The Corvette and the Mustang haven't been in the same class for um, their whole existence. So, no shocker there. Did you expect the Shelby to be a perfect 50/50 weight distributed? Especially with a blown 5.4 under the hood? Again, no shocker. I wouldn't take those 1/4 times as gospel, magazines always run slow times. If that time really does both your slap a pulley and a tune and I'm sure it will be a mid-low 11 second ride. For the money, I still suspect it will be the car to beat.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
thenexlevel said:
Anyone take a look at the reviews from car and drive and motortrend on the Shelby GT500 numbers? The car having 500 hp and weighing in at 3900 lbs and costing 42k, runs 0-60 in 4.5 sec which is good (some new launch technology for implemented for this ) but running the 1/4 mile in 12.7-12.8 @ 11x. Weight distribution moved forward a lot to 57.7%/42.3% as car and driver called it extremely nose heavy.

They had a comparason with the new c6 and the shelby got slaughtered in almost everything except two test they said. For the last year or so I dreamed of how the GT500 was going to be amazing, now i'm not so sure about it.... :fm:

Any opinions?

MOVED and CLOSED! :wf: IT BEEN POSTED 10 TIMES ALREADY :poke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread