Disappointing dyno today

0103SVT

Established Member
Ok so I decided to go and dyno the L today. It's an 01 with and Steig ported blower, ported upper intake, K&N FIPK, 6# lower, FTVB, Twin 255 fuel pumps, 55# injectors, C&L plenum, TR6 plugs gapped at @.35, heat exchanger, 160* T-Stat, and a custom predator tune with 17* timing. I'm very disappointed to say the least because it dynoed 370rwhp/437rwtq with 11.7:1 A/F. When it was stock it dynoed 330hp/420tq with 13.1:1A/F.

What could be wrong with my truck? I know lightnings with alot less mods dyno a lot higher then that. It was hitting 17lbs of boost on the dyno so I know there was no belt slipping and there was also no detonation or pinging.

It was 85* outside and felt pretty humid but don't know exactly.

If you have any ideas please let me know. I'm seriously ready to get rid of it because it dynoed so low. It pulls like hell when I get on it but the numbers are not anywhere near where they should be.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
I have the FIPK, 6lb lower, and TR6s at .038, and i dynoed at 380/460.. With the port, and all your other mods, you should BLOW AWAY my #s.. What fuel were you running?

17* timing! Damn I hope you dont have a stock block. If thats SAE corrected......That sounds about right. Stock I was 342RWHP SAE, after mods I was 368RWHP SAE. Uncorrected reading like a dynojet It pulled 425RWHP/540RWTQ. If you are SAE corrected then you really have around 430/440 RWHP. Dont worry about the numbers to much. As long as it drives good and performs, thats all that should matter.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
If you were 11* it must have been hot as heck. You won't make power in high heat/humidity. Next time your truck is running check and make sure the intercooler pump is working also.

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
There isnt going to be that large a gap between corrected and uncorrected. On my dyno tune at Lamotta, we were at 386 regular and 378 sae corrected. Same thing with the bracket car I have on a different Dyno (rollins in gainesville) 450 reglar and 444 sae corrected.

OH-MAN

Established Member
I just had mine tuned
KB 9" lower and 3 1/2" upper 14.5 psi
SCT big MAF
60lb inj.
twin 255 pumps
hi flow bassani cats and catback
ect.
ect.
Could only put 10 degrees timing in it due to the heat 109 at test time and the crap 91 oxygenated fuel.
330 hp, 370 tq. (mustang dyno)
These were the same numbers almost I had using a stock eaton and a 6#er on my race gas tune.
I mainly wanted to keep it A/F and timing safe till it cools off and then we will up the anty. :p

svt_racing

Established Member
Jason..?? Yeah man thsoe numbers are way low, I too would like to see a dyno graph. If you were seeing 17lbs of boost then there is something wrong for sure. Me and you should run frome a roll just to see how your truck pulls...you should pull on me a little I would think cause we pretty much have the same mods but you should be running a little cooler therefore making more power..?? What is your fuel press at WOT, are you pegging out your mass air?

0103SVT

Established Member
svt_racing said:
Jason..?? Yeah man thsoe numbers are way low, I too would like to see a dyno graph. If you were seeing 17lbs of boost then there is something wrong for sure. Me and you should run frome a roll just to see how your truck pulls...you should pull on me a little I would think cause we pretty much have the same mods but you should be running a little cooler therefore making more power..?? What is your fuel press at WOT, are you pegging out your mass air?

I can post some pics of my graph when I get home tomorrow night (still in arlington). Fuel pressure was at 38-40 at idle and about 60 at WOT. I don't believe I am pegging the MAF but I know it's close. I didn't get to watch it today while it was on the dyno but I've looked at it before and the highest I've seen it is 4.75V. We can run from a roll sometime. I don't think I would pull though because you do have a couple more mods than I but it would still be fun. Like I said though the truck runs great and pulls hard it just didn't dyno worth a damn.

SVTlightning01

SVTLightning01
Established Member
i dynoed mine today on a dynojet. 365 hp 450 torque with just boost bypass kn fipk and exhaust. so something is up

I'D WIN

Established Member
0103SVT said:
I can post some pics of my graph when I get home tomorrow night (still in arlington). Fuel pressure was at 38-40 at idle and about 60 at WOT. I don't believe I am pegging the MAF but I know it's close. I didn't get to watch it today while it was on the dyno but I've looked at it before and the highest I've seen it is 4.75V. We can run from a roll sometime. I don't think I would pull though because you do have a couple more mods than I but it would still be fun. Like I said though the truck runs great and pulls hard it just didn't dyno worth a damn.

I would like to see the graph but early speculation leads me to believe that the truck may not have been tied down properly. What kind of dyno (Mustang or DynoJet)?

svt_racing

Established Member
60lbs at WOT...damn!! I'd win may be on to something with the way your L was tied down or something. Somthing doesn't add up. Do you always see 17lbs of boost in this weather (heat), I've never seen 17lbs of boost even in the winter, I pretty much see 15 right now and 16 or so in winter but thats probaly due to the full exhaust.

I'D WIN

Established Member
You know, another thing comes to mind! I wonder what gear your truck was in when the runs were being recorded.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
How much boost were you making on the pull. Is it the same dyno you were on before? I would suspect the tailpipe sniffer is off and your running richer than you think maybe and your losing power. You should be at 400/500 with those mods, even in hot weather. I got mine dynoed in August last year. Hope you get it worked out man. Good luck.

look-what-i-can-do-black-sm.jpg

Theres most current with JDM tune.

Users who are viewing this thread