Disappointing dyno results...but I'm happy

Grimster

Established Member
Went to a dyno day over the weekend. Just put my offroad mid pipe on and was going to see if I could hit the 450 mark (old numbers in sig with stock H-pipe.) Tune I have is already setup for the mid pipe so I thought I was good to go (back O2s turned off, etc).

I was all set for my 3 pulls. Got the car all ratcheted down and ready. Beautiful day outside - no clouds in the sky and probably low 60s. On the dyno the temperature was 69° and we had a nice breeze coming in.

First pull - 380hp. Curve was very jagged and we had lots of tire smoke due to no traction on the rollers.

Second pull - 306hp. I shut it down around 4.5-5k rpm. Something was wrong. Curve on the monitor looked like a damn earthquake recording station.

After looking at the screen and thinking "wtf" a couple of the guys there checked the relay and determined that the intercooler pump wasn't working at all (they tried jumping the pump). Well that's no good. Limped the car home and made sure to not get into boost at all.

I already bought a new intercooler pump from Tousley (thanks Steve!) and it should be here on Thursday.

Is there anything else I should be troubleshooting? The only code I was able to pull was P1000 but I can check again during lunch today.

Users who are viewing this thread