Disapointing day at the track.....

Snkbyte

I'm the cream of the crop
Established Member
Well my first run after a 2 hr cool down was [email protected] hot laped to [email protected]:bash: Let the car cool again for about an hour stage tach it to about 4,500 and hammer it car felt real good out the hole then I banged the limiter on 1-2 shift still felt good but it wasn't. I ran a [email protected] with my best ever 60ft 1.733. Hot laped that time ran 11.9@119. I just dont understand this car it makes great power but I cant seem to get it to run good at the track.

It bugs the hell out of me you see guys on this board running low 11's all day long with my mods but how come I can't. All my shifts felt pretty good except a few. One more thing is heat and these cars do not mix well.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
have you tried a track other than milan?

It seems that guys who run in Alaska, or at ATCO, or at a track with good prep are the ones putting down those great times.

Snkbyte

Established Member
Originally posted by 03gobluecobra
have you tried a track other than milan?

It seems that guys who run in Alaska, or at ATCO, or at a track with good prep are the ones putting down those great times.

Those times are from ubly. I know those guys go to great tracks and probably cool there cars down good and nail all there shifts. I'm just bumbed out that I cant do that.

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
Cecil... from what the F body groups have said in 2000 is always faster then other tracks

no idea about ubly
no idea about milan both are ok tracks

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
You cut a nice 60' so that's a plus. What rpm are you shifting at? Do you have a shiftlight? We all know that our tach is slow. What about a clutch quadrant/firewall adjuster?

Snkbyte

Established Member
I was shifting at 5,800 to 5,900. I dont have a shift light that will be my next mod. And I already have a clutch and quad/firewall adj.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
After studying my dyno graphs (the one that gives hp/tq numbers by rpm) I determined that 6,000rpm was the best shiftpoint since power starts dropping for me after that. Maybe try to do the same and nail down your shift points? I'm not sure what your technique is, but I powershift and only push in the clutch about 2 inches as opposed to the floor. It was good enough for my best run to date of a 11.29 @ 122mph on a 75shot.

Good luck!

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Originally posted by Snkbyte
I was shifting at 5,800 to 5,900. I dont have a shift light that will be my next mod. And I already have a clutch and quad/firewall adj.

Will
Thats what I thought I was shifting at also!!!!
And then I reset my shift light for 5900.
I shifted right after the light came on maybe 50 rpm past but close. and the car felt much better and I picked up 3tenths no joke. thats like 50hp. My tach lags behind by as much as 400 or so. I just put my light in this week.
Get a raptor shift light easy to install and works great I think there about 75-85.
Call Linn at amazon she had some good deals when I got mine.

And don't bag yourself your a much better driver/shifter than I am you just need to find your cars sweet-spot if ya know what I mean.

Jason

Snkbyte

Established Member
Originally posted by MidLifeC
Put away until next May? Aren't you joining us on Saturday?

Nope sorry I have to save some cash and my insurance is in my name know and it would've cost a small fortune to keep he on the road another couple of months.

Users who are viewing this thread