DirtFish Rally School

bit

Happiness is being blown!
Established Member
I got the opportunity to go to DirtFish rally school in Snoqualmie, WA. I spent three days last week learning all the skills needed to control a RWD car on gravel and slippery surfaces. The skills I learned should come in very handy racing in the rain and maybe the occasional off track.

[video=youtube;gpGkf5jmWqM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpGkf5jmWqM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

If you get the chance to go to DirtFish I highly recommend it. Even if you don't race, it was a blast to drive the cars.

Thanks for looking.:beer:

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
I'd love to do that. I think that would help me become more confident with sliding my race car around a bit more. The fast guys are always a bit loose.

bit

Established Member
I'd love to do that. I think that would help me become more confident with sliding my race car around a bit more. The fast guys are always a bit loose.
I would definitely say do it. I learned a lot of car control techniques that will give me more confidence. I will make small adjustments, but my plan is to work toward a handling setup that will allow the car to rotate more than it does today.

If you go, plan to stay a few extra days. The area of Washington state is very beautiful. I wish I had stayed longer to go hiking.

I finally got around to uploading the rest of the pictures I took.

CIMG5186_zps2qyqgyrj.jpg

CIMG5725_zpszdwhl8ua.jpg

CIMG5723_zps4e12ws4q.jpg

Mill%20Run%20-%20Brent_zpsvbclabf8.jpg

Link%20Turn%20-%20Brent_zpsvx7vxzbu.jpg

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
Nice! Now come race with us. Sandblast is this weekend in South Carolina. Go check it out or volunteer.

Best racing there is, or that can be done on a grassroots level. So much better than drag racing its not even funny.

ATTACH]

Attachments

• Rally-.jpg
    Rally-.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:

RSbeast

Established Member
I wanted to go there for my bachelor party...however I realized I am poor.

bit

Established Member
Nice! Now come race with us. Sandblast is this weekend in South Carolina. Go check it out or volunteer.
Do you have anymore information? I might come check it out.

I wanted to go there for my bachelor party...however I realized I am poor.
Been there. Just keep your head down and work hard. Money will follow.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I was checking out the local SCCA rally online this weekend, I think my accord with studded snows on the front would be pretty fun to throw around.

bit

Established Member
Big difference between stage rally and rallyx. SCCA doesn't have any stage rally programs. Just Rally America and Nasa Rally Sport in the USA.

http://www.sandblastrally.com/

Thanks for the info. That looks like a great event. I wish there were more events close to me. It is hard to justify building a rally car for two events a year. There are just too many good road courses close to the house with great events almost year around.

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
Man I've wanted to try out dirt fish for years now. I have been to lazy to get off my butt and make the super long 30 minute journey to get there. Seeing the video is enough motivation to take one of their courses though. Looks cool as heck

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
Fun as Heck! went there a year or two ago. Very different driving technique than I am used to.
Its odd fast into a corner, let off, tap brake, rotate get wheels pointed the right direction and mash it.
Its so fun but totally different that the road course, or karts. And I work 10 min from there.

bit

Established Member
Man I've wanted to try out dirt fish for years now. I have been to lazy to get off my butt and make the super long 30 minute journey to get there. Seeing the video is enough motivation to take one of their courses though. Looks cool as heck
Get over there! I wish I lived that close. I want to sign up for the advanced class, but I live 2,000 miles away. It takes a day and a pricey flight to get there.

Users who are viewing this thread