Dipped the stang

97snakebite

Established Member
what was your prep? what steps did u take? should i use dipyourcar kit gun? im going to dip Red or Anthracite Grey and any tips will be great..

Last edited:

froush

Established Member
looks good! would look better if the rear was filled in imo

Yeah, i plan to fill it eventually when i repaint. It was an after thought after i painted it the first time

what was your prep? what steps did u take? should i use dipyourcar kit gun? im going to dip Red or Anthracite Grey and any tips will be great..

I washed it with dawn dish soap twice. dried it. Then i taped everything off and sprayed it. i know a lot of people dont even tape off the windows or anything. I had to for the stripes. But the windows and everything was just second nature to do. The dyc kit is good, i just wanted to do it as cheap as possible. I used 4 qts of unthinned dip from home depot and thinned it with a gallon of xylene. That gave me the 2 gallons of black. and the other 2 gallons i bought from dyc. The pearls i got from pearlsandpigments before it was available on dyc. With pearls, you have to be very consistent or else it can end up looking bad. Even with plastidip.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I have to admit at first i was skeptical but it turned out very nice. Not sure about hte stripes but you still did a good job

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
looks great! well done with the stripes. im impressed :beer:

97snakebite

Established Member
Yeah, i plan to fill it eventually when i repaint. It was an after thought after i painted it the first time

I washed it with dawn dish soap twice. dried it. Then i taped everything off and sprayed it. i know a lot of people dont even tape off the windows or anything. I had to for the stripes. But the windows and everything was just second nature to do. The dyc kit is good, i just wanted to do it as cheap as possible. I used 4 qts of unthinned dip from home depot and thinned it with a gallon of xylene. That gave me the 2 gallons of black. and the other 2 gallons i bought from dyc. The pearls i got from pearlsandpigments before it was available on dyc. With pearls, you have to be very consistent or else it can end up looking bad. Even with plastidip.

got it. pm sent

EZRIDN

Established Member
It looks really good, impressed. So do you still have to wax it? How long does that stuff stay on???

2001 svt cobra!

Established Member
looks awesome you did a good job... Ive thought about doing this but I just dont trust my painting skills, probably be a waste of money lol

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I would love to see it in person as this would push me to do mine the same way in black.

98slowbra

Established Member
You did a great job, I like it and it looks badass. Very well done and great job with it.

Users who are viewing this thread