Dimensions of SN95 axles vs. IRS setup?

txstang347

Established Member
I'm doing a 5 lug all disc swap on my 1991 fox. I'm using 99-04 spindles/rotors/PBR calipers up front and was wanting to run an IRS off a 03/04 cobra, but haven't had much luck finding a complete one in my area so far.

I recently ran across a SN95 rear brake setup for a fairly good price $350 shipped ($275 for actual parts, let me know if that sounds a bit pricey).

I was wondering if anyone knew the dimensions of the SN95 setup vs. the IRS setup??

The reason I ask is I'm stuffing as much wheel in the rear as possible and I wouldn't want the wheel sticking out in the rear when I eventualy install an IRS in the rear with the same wheels. I'm not buying anymore rims after I buy the 18" Foose Nitrous!

Thanks,
Joe

venomous99

Established Member
the IRS is about .75" wider per side vs the 94-98 sn95 rears. the fox as you know are also more narrow than the sn95 by i forget how much. anyhow, irs on a fox can be done but you'll be heavily limited on wheel selection since the axles push the wheels out more and you're limited by how much positive offset you can go with due to the irs bolt being in the way. you're kinda screwed either way. on my sn95 i went with 18x10 bullits with 285 pilots and still had to roll the lips..the stance is killer however. i can probably squeeze a 18x10.5 with a 28mm offset. the fox is even more limited.

to give you an idea, here is a pic from my 97
dscn1738qr9.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread