Dilemma...

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a beautiful SB '04 L with low miles and nearly all the goodies that came from the factory. I never planned on selling it but I'm getting spoiled in the edge with the Vista roof and heated Seats. It has really made me consider a '13 premium GT mustang in deep impact blue with a glass roof and all the bells and whistles like the track pack and nav. (just want the cs bodykit).
My little sister lives in Denver and just gave birth to my nephew. It'd cost me about. $500 to get there and back in gas alone. I've gotten airline tickets for $70, but its a pain since they are in the foothills and the airport is about an hour away. The mustang may be what I need.
Any other lightning owners feel the same urge to get a stang.
As much as I hate to ask, where is the best place to sell a cherry lightning and get a good, fair price.:beer:

Last edited:

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Trust me I'd love to keep my Lightning, i just cannot enjoy her like when I bought her new in '04. I have recipts from filling her up back then for $36. I'm still looking at ways to keep her and get a stang to DD.
It Just sucks for me since I bought the Edge for my mom to drive (she hurt her back and has to drive for a living), it's been giving me the "new car itch" and she likes driving it so much I can't play with it. I daily drive my '82 (it been a great truck over the past 30 years, I'm just the 2nd owner) but it needs to be restored or it will soon be beyond the point of saving.

TheRebel

Established Member
In 07 the dealership had a Lighting and a new GT premium sitting side by side. I was always a Mustang guy but the Lightning tempted me. However I bought the stang. It was a ton of fun but the Lightning was always stuck in the back of my mind. I sold the GT last year and knew I was going to get a Lightning. I finally found what I wanted about three weeks ago. I have not thought about another Mustang since except when I read you post. My advice is keep the lightning and buy a DD gas sipper. I drive a Mark VIII for my DD. 4 valve 4.6 26-27 mpg on the highway and lots of luxury including a sun roof. Nice ones can be found under 5 grand. Nice 90s Mustangs are even cheaper. 2000s a little bit more. That sure beats the heck out of a car payment and giving up your Lightning. Remember there are only so many Lightnings out there (it took me a year to find one again) but there are a ton of Mustangs . However, I might change my mind when the Mustangs are redesigned in 2015 for their 50th anniversary. I'll keep the Lightning and sell the Lincoln if I am tempted by another Mustang though.

Last edited:

TheRebel

Established Member
Something else to consider, your truck is 8 model years old. A lot of banks don't want to do an auto loan for something that old which might force you to trade it in as buyers might have to take a personal loan unless they belong to a credit union. You know a dealership isn't going to give you what it is worth. Surely we will start seeing some teasers before long on the 2015 Mustang. You might like it better or you might not but I bet there will be some great deals on 2014s once the 2015 is announced.

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Is the Stang really going to save you that much in fuel? What about insurance differences? Is the difference in premium going to offset the fuel savings? Just something to think about... Sometimes its not always cheaper in the long run!

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
The lightning is likely staying put, it's too nice to let some dumbass kill himself with it. I spent too much of my ROI money on the Edge, but my moms back needed it. Besides in 2 years I'll have more than enough to buy a mustang outright again. Not to mention if push comes to shove on fuel I'll distill my own lol. Here's hoping my 'ol '82 can last 2 more years, which is really likely. And I'm thinking of getting an older Z3 based BMW M roadster as a pacifier lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread