Dilemma: Auto or Manual 5.0?

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
doesn't matter what you decide on... just get the darn ride and enjoy it!

Last edited:

radaman

Established Member
Already been done....with a stock converter.

Thx, didn't know. It's amazing that these cars can beat stock GT500's with a few "correct" bolt ons. Being able to beat stock base vettes, AMG's, some porsche', and many others with a bolt on MUSTANG GT is just awesome IMHO. I've always been a proud Ford owner, but it's just that much better recently...

Kn38ms

Glockaholic...
Established Member
I test drove and auto awhile back.
Early converter lock up was a PITA, sloppy, slow downshifts
were the norm, and a D321 gear selection only.
Dearborn needs to offer a paddle or Manual/ Auto mode option for 2012.
Bottom line, it sucked IMO. (And I prefer an AT)
The 6sp manual, 3:73's I tested was nasty good!

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
I am 28 and all I can say is chic's dig dudes that bang gears.
Either choice "A6 or M6" EVO performance has u covered

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I pretty much agree with this - especially the last line.

FWIW...I've been a stick guy forever. Even had some reasonably-good success drag racing a stick. However, the A6 in the 2011 is the first slushbox in a Mustang that I am actually giving at least semi-serious thought to.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Agreed. I've driven both an auto & stick 5.0 and they both performed much better than I expected. I was impressed with where Ford has come with the Auto (maybe it's the 400+HP). However, it does not perform as well as the auto in my GS350. I know it's hard to compare the two, but if the mustang was as responsive as my Lexus is, it would be a no brainer. My guess is that an SCT chip could change the behavior of the auto.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one. If I got one, it would be an Auto since it will be my DD.

BTW.. How you been Bob?.. this is Shawn, aka blacksnake2001.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
So many hardcore stick guys going to an auto for the first time? It definitely says alot about the new auto.

not only that, but i have seen several guys with 6spd 5.0's trade over to the auto, but havent seen it go the other way....

Sn95Snake

Established Member
I personally think Manual is alot more fun, but it all depends on what the person who is buying the car wants. I would prefer to have a auto as a dd and a manual as my weekend play car, or my cruiser.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Hey really it don't matter what you get auto or manual. Either one will please you. I think the stick would be more fun but the auto is great an faster right put of the box. Good tuner are now getting the auto tunning down to make it shift even better. Add 410s slicks an skinny an a real good tune close to mid 11s can happen. In a stick its gonna take more than gears an tires to get you mid 11s. I seen it in person an not watching all those youtube videos that all these other guys do. Good luck on either chioice as you can't lose either way.

Users who are viewing this thread