Digital SLR camera question..

"olsson"

Established Member
I have never owned one before but i would like to get a god digital slr camera. Maybe there is someone with experience who can give me some advice.

Thanks / Anders

Abilene06speed

Formerly Abilene01stang
Established Member
You might look into a Nikon D40...I recently bought one and I really like it. It is easy to use especially if you are new to DSLR. The best thing is that it is one of the cheaper DSLRs on the market.

The camera has a help system so whenever you your stuck the help button is like a onboard manual. Check out this review of the camera.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40.htm

Graves

Established Member
Look into a Canon XTi, XSi, or Nikon D40, D40x...or the Sony A100.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
do a search there have been a couple of threads on this ... more like a dozen but there have been a couple in the last 2 months ...

Nikon or Cannon either one are good digital SLRs. without some info as to what you intend to do with them (i.e. kind of photography, shove them up your pooper, whatever) and what your budget is we are going to be hard pressed to help you much.

both links given in the thread are excellent resources .. highly recommend you read them then post up any follow-up questions you have

"olsson"

Established Member
do a search there have been a couple of threads on this ... more like a dozen but there have been a couple in the last 2 months ...

Nikon or Cannon either one are good digital SLRs. without some info as to what you intend to do with them (i.e. kind of photography, shove them up your pooper, whatever) and what your budget is we are going to be hard pressed to help you much.

both links given in the thread are excellent resources .. highly recommend you read them then post up any follow-up questions you have

Shove them up your pooper :lol: that really cracked me up haha.. I just want it to take pics with, car meats, family whatever..

price range $0-1000

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Shove them up your pooper :lol: that really cracked me up haha.. I just want it to take pics with, car meats, family whatever..

price range $0-1000

You can pick up a pretty nice D40 kit for under a grand and get you an extra lens with it. Ebay has some pretty good kit deals, B&H photovideo has some decent deals if you don't want to mess with Ebay. I personally prefer Nikon over Canon but only personal preference D40 from Nikon or the XTI from Canon will both fit your budget.

"olsson"

Established Member
You can pick up a pretty nice D40 kit for under a grand and get you an extra lens with it. Ebay has some pretty good kit deals, B&H photovideo has some decent deals if you don't want to mess with Ebay. I personally prefer Nikon over Canon but only personal preference D40 from Nikon or the XTI from Canon will both fit your budget.

Ebay was cheap but i dosent look like i get waranty since im foerign.. its half the price compared to were im at :eek:

GodStang

Established Member
Picked up my Canon XSi Today!! So excited. Came out this week or last week.

101_2063.jpg

101_2065.jpg

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Ebay was cheap but i dosent look like i get waranty since im foerign.. its half the price compared to were im at :eek:

Look at www.bhphotovideo.com, they do international shipping but there are some stringent hoops to jump through (domestic shippng too! they're very wary of fraud, which is a good thing). They will likely have the lowest non-grey-market prices, meaning you're getting a genuine product from a licensed retailer with a warranty.

If you're getting a Nikon, get something above a D40 as they are not compatible with all lenses.

Users who are viewing this thread