differential leaking???

Hourigan218

Established Member
Have a 13 GHIG bought it uses with 3600 miles. I have had the car for about 6 mos driving normal not hard stuff. 3 days ago found a maybe 6x6 inch puddle under the differential. The fluid was clean and could see the area where the leak was* r8ght at the diff. cover. Took it to dealership and is gettinf worked on. Just asking if this has happend to anyone else. Thanx all.

dmichaels

Established Member
Surprised to see at the diff cover... sounds like the cover must have been removed and replaced but not resealed.

Lots of guys who track their Mustangs have diff fluid that spews out the PRV, but I have not heard of any issues at the diff cover itself. Do you have the track pack with the aluminum finned diff cover or the base cover?

Hourigan218

Established Member
I have the aluminum finned cover. I saw the differential bottom all staind and a droplet right where the cover meets the diff. So I assumed that was it. I have not tracked the car and have not even gunned it hard at all. Again thanx

Hourigan218

Established Member
Thats what I was thinking. I did a lil research and found same type of issues. The is at the dealership getting it done. Thanx again

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Thats what I was thinking. I did a lil research and found same type of issues. The is at the dealership getting it done. Thanx again

Hi Hourigan218,

I know you said your dealer is getting this taken care of for you, but if you need any additional help, let me know. :)

Ashley

Users who are viewing this thread