Differential fluid with friction modifier?

SVTDice

Established Member
So I'm finally getting around to doing my diff fluid. Now I'm going to be using Amsoil 75w110. Now my question for everybody is how much Amsoil lube lock (Friction modifier) Should I use? I'm thinking 2oz Because I wanna do it once and do it right. I'm just posting this thread to make sure. Thanks!

3.55 Gears
LPW Diff cover

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Start with 2 ounces, then take the car for a drive. In a parking lot, roll down the windows, and turn as tight as you can, then the other direction. If you hear nothing, you are good. If it makes noises, add the other 2 ounces.

5574Redfire

Established Member
Do exactly what unleashed said, you want as little friction modifier as possible to quiet the clutches. I only did 2 ounces of the amsoil and it worked perfect for me.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I just used Amsoil gear lube, i didn't use and friction modifier. Maybe i messed that one up....

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I just used Amsoil gear lube, i didn't use and friction modifier. Maybe i messed that one up....

Go to a parking lot, roll down your windows, then make sharp turns very slow. If you can hear your rear diff. making noises, you need friction modifier. If not, you are OK without it.

Users who are viewing this thread