Different x pipe

Piedpiper

Established Member
I have a pypes offroad x pipe on my long tubes and was wanting to ask if you all know of any other mid pipes would work on the pypes long tubes, I hate the way the pypes x pipe sounds.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Usually mid pipes for long tube headers are brand specific. Meaning you can only use a pypes mid-pipe with pypes long tubes. You may be able to make another brand work, but it would probably require some modification. All x-pipes are pretty much going to sound the same so it sounds like you should maybe switch to a H pipe. Looking at the pypes long tubes they use a ball and socket connection so try to find a different brand mid-pipe with that type of connection. What exactly do you not like about your exhaust sound? you may also want to try changing your mufflers to make your exhaust sound how you want it to.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Yeah, I second the vote for maybe trying new mufflers, unless there is something specific to the x-pipe sound that irritates you. Changing out mufflers makes INCREDIBLE difference in sound characteristics.

Piedpiper

Established Member
I have GT500s right now, maybe they all make the same sound but between shifts and at a certain rpm there us a weird sound that annoys me, but it's my first offroad pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread