Differences between Magnum Power and Ported Eaton

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
What are the main differences between these 2 blowers,I have read where the Magnum Power Blower is almost identical to our stock Eaton with a different casing making it flow to a 120 producing a estimated 70HP and the ported Eaton is just what it says it ported producing nearly 35HP with our stock Eaton. Dyno numbers are nice but real world track results is what i will be looking for! Both of these blowers look to be very promising for a affordable price and just trying to get as much info as possible on these 2 blowers.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Can you tell us where to find info on the Magnum Power blower please?? I've never heard of it before....

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
Call JDM they have all the info on this blower or there was a thread on modularfords.com about this new blower they will be selling shortly.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55629&highlight=magnum+powers

Is the original thread on this board. Skorost is the most knowlegeable person I know.

Torrie, who manages a speed shop in Manassas, has ordered one.

At this time, they're only offering blowers for the Lightning, but they're moving forward on the Cobras as well. There's a downloadable video of a dyno test, I can't find it, though.

Price for Lightnings is around $1800

Yes, JDM would be a good place to call.

Skorost is in a good place to provide information, he's got both a Lightning, and a Cobra so what goes with one will probably go with another.

Here's some stuff on Modularfords; http://www.modularfords.com/forums/...id=26464&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by EatonEggbeater
There's a downloadable video of a dyno test, I can't find it, though.
here is the vid: http://www.teamjdm.com/forums/fridge.avi

What makes me want this more than the ported Eaton, and why I'd be willing to spend the extra $1300 over the ported Eaton is simple. Look at how it holds boost. 16psi to Redline!!! At 16psi they picked up 87rwhp and 90rwtq!

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
The way I see it is, If you have your eaton ported its DONE, there is no more hp....... If you think there is a posibility that you would want over 500rwhp in the future, you will need a different blower. I would rather have a larger blower running less boost, with the option of more. Than to have a blower that is being over spun and is fully ported.. This might be why I'm waiting for the Works and my custom 9 inch.... My 2 cents......

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Guys, not to burst your bubbles.....but the Magnum Powers blower is JUST NOW being released for the Lightnings.....no work is being done as of yet on the Cobra one. I don't know why, just reporting what I know.

Rwick7

Established Member
High Roller - I thought I gave some good real world results :)

I won't get another chance to run it though...sorry. It's going through a transformation :beer:

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by SolidSnake
Guys, not to burst your bubbles.....but the Magnum Powers blower is JUST NOW being released for the Lightnings.....no work is being done as of yet on the Cobra one. I don't know why, just reporting what I know.
Its okay, I've got 6 months till the Cobra comes out from hibernation.:D

On a side note, I heard that the tester for the Lightning had some problems. Brian from Apten mentioned that to me, but didnt go into detail. He said something about "JDM leaving him out to dry"or something along those lines.

Last edited:

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
C'mon now, lets not start dragging a vendor through the mud on a public forum.

That was uncalled for.

Well I didn't realize that MP was making a blower for the Cobra. The real reason they made them was for the top loader style Eatons on the L's. With the Cobra being a rear inlet already, I don't see why you would even bother with one?

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by SolidSnake
C'mon now, lets not start dragging a vendor through the mud on a public forum.

That was uncalled for.
That was all that I heard. I hadn't heard any specifics about what happened. If someone could clear it up, I'd appreciate it.

I never bashed JDM. I have great respect for their tuning abilities and their products. Hell, I just bought a set of their LTs. I just want to know what happened.

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
StlBlack03,
That was an old post,heck ya i was impressed by your 1 conservative run i know you have alot more in your car :rolling: I am waiting on Brian to get back with me possibly for the 15th to have one installed on my car!

jtfx6552

Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
Its okay, I've got 6 months till the Cobra comes out from hibernation.:D

On a side note, I heard that the tester for the Lightning had some problems. Brian from Apten mentioned that to me, but didnt go into detail. He said something about "JDM leaving him out to dry"or something along those lines.

WTF? Somebody heard from someone's cousin that...

Oh, it is the guy selling a competitive product?

Hmm, JDM is going to shoot themselves in the foot by screwing the guy they got to test the blower!

I'll say this, tonight on the Dyno at JDM a truck with the Magnum Powers blower made not quite 100 hp more than the ported Eaton has on a Cobra.

Everybody line up and waste your money the real blower will be here shortly.

JT

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by jtfx6552
I'll say this, tonight on the Dyno at JDM a truck with the Magnum Powers blower made not quite 100 hp more than the ported Eaton has on a Cobra.
Yay! Hopefully they can come out with the Cobra version within the next 4-6 months.

JT - was there ANY truth to what I heard then?

Rwick7

Established Member
JT - come on now dude...your killing me...were talking about the price of a throttle body for 35 more RWHP and 2-3 mph.

I don't understand where this aingst is coming from...PM me if you don't mind

Users who are viewing this thread