differences between 2003 and 2004 SVTF

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
Hey fella's I posted up last week looking for a new DD and I have come across a few that may be in the running. Both have about the same mileage, one is a 2003 other is 2004....both about the same price. Any major differences between the two??? Any TSB's on either year. I remember reading something about the tranni being replaced, was that for both years??? I need to piull the trigger quick on this because I know these are hard to find in decent shape and both look good...was leaning towards the 04'....watcha think. Thanx.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I dont know what the differences are if any between the 03-04 SVTF but I just bought a 2004 SVT ZX5 Focus a few months ago. After some research and a talk with my friend who is a service manager at a Ford dealer in my area the 04 SVTF was the best of all the years of SVT Foci's. When I got mine home my friend did an Oasis report and it came back with no recalls or TSB's. My car is all stock with 23000 miles on her in Sonic Blue clearcoat and I love it. Good luck with whatever you decide to purchase.

04MysticCobra

Primaris

Established Member
Basicily nothing. The ECU has some minor change that makes it's code different from the '02 - '03's and the base model SVTF rim's are different.

Lightningfr

Banned
i think most 04's came with the Euro package, mechanically they are identical

good luck :)

04 had about 1/2 as many euro as 03 did...

i had an 03 euro comp orange and an 04 euro comp now and there the exact same inside and out except for the mods and the 04 has a 100k mile warranty

Users who are viewing this thread