Difference between 96-98 LT headers and 99-04?

jakesspv6

Established Member
I have been looking for a set of ceramic bbk longtubes for my 96 and got a pm from a guy claiming the ones off of his Mach will fit. What makes the headers so different between the years?

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
The ones for 99-up don't have the sai bungs on them and the o2 sensors are located in a different spot (I think further back). Supposedly everything bolts up just fine though so they will fit.

howie8124

Established Member
I'm about to buy some LTs off an 03 for my 97 motor. All is 96-98 guys have to do is pretty much delete the SAI

Expurple

Established Member
Take note: I've heard that delting SAI might cause problems ( something about running closed loop the first 13 minutes ). I've personally deleted mine with no problems but try to research about it b

stangbanger856

Established Member
SAI delete on mine and runs fine. I also have an EGR that's going on as well. I uave no issue with the sai removal because it was tuned out.

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
Take note: I've heard that delting SAI might cause problems ( something about running closed loop the first 13 minutes ). I've personally deleted mine with no problems but try to research about it b

Isn't that related to the egr? I took my sai off with my vortech install but left my egr in.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
I'm using 99-04 American Racing Headers longtubes on my '96. The SAI was already deleted and when I installed the headers, I deleted the EGR because I would have had to reshape the tube leading to the header lol.......I blocked off the EGR valve port with a dime at the upper intake.

Users who are viewing this thread