Diff Recommendations and questions

Pollardhimself

Established Member
Whats a good diff for daily driving that doesn't have clutches? Looking at the Toren T2R and the Truetrac.

1. Also when installing do they work with the c-clips?
  2. Been awhile but I changed the diff in my fox 8.8, Anything different I need to do other than set the backlash?
  3. What shim kit do I need just a standard 8.8 kit?

Last edited:

bubblehead93

Established Member
what do you use the car for, torsen and 1320 ft incrments in the odometer don't mix... take a look at ftbr, they have the cobra specific stuff for differential work... save you time on research.... i run a detroit locker, don't recommend for a dd or cruiser...

Pollardhimself

Established Member
Sits in the garage most of the time. But I drive it alot more during the summer since its hot and my beater doesn't have AC. I've destroyed a number of differentials when I used to have my fox, I finally decided to drop a spool in which turned out to be the best for me in that application. As for this car I still like to accelerate around corners which I'm sure destroy's the clutches inside the limited slip diffs. I'm looking for something that nice and smooth when accelerating and decelerating. I have a clunk going on right now so I plan on replacing the bushings also to try and deal with that issue.

weaselp1

Established Member
Torsen t2r is awesome! But the torsens dont like clutch dumps; if you are a quarter mile guy, then get a locker diff. If you are doing spirited driving on street, a torsen t2r should give you years of reliability.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Torsen t2r is awesome! But the torsens dont like clutch dumps; if you are a quarter mile guy, then get a locker diff. If you are doing spirited driving on street, a torsen t2r should give you years of reliability.

this

Pollardhimself

Established Member
IRS, do they not have em? Never open the diff on one yet.

Is the a good write up on a carrier install for the cobra?

Last edited:

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
No, they do not have them. This;

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...cing-IRS-Diff-Cover-(didnt-drop-irs-subframe)

Although you do not have to remove the axles from the hubs, you can leave them attached and remove both lower and upper hub bolts. Make sure to mark the upper bolt location so you don't have to get an alignment.

Edit, that is to get diff out, irs carrier is same as sra diff, but it helps to have a diff spreader.

Last edited:

Pollardhimself

Established Member
No, they do not have them. This;

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...cing-IRS-Diff-Cover-(didnt-drop-irs-subframe)

Although you do not have to remove the axles from the hubs, you can leave them attached and remove both lower and upper hub bolts. Make sure to mark the upper bolt location so you don't have to get an alignment.

Edit, that is to get diff out, irs carrier is same as sra diff, but it helps to have a diff spreader.

Well maybe ill do a write up while i'm doing it, that at least helps me remove the pumpkin

Users who are viewing this thread