Diff fluid swap

ANGREY

Established Member
does anyone happen to know the specs on how much diff oil is per spec for our rears with the cooler?

I found a write up from a pretty solid source for a non-cooler rear and it's 1.6 quarts.

I finally found a shop that's actually changed out a super 8.8 ring/pinion and isn't charging rapist pricing but I don't think they've changed out a super 8.8 with diff cooler. (I doubt many shops across the country have)

I'd love to be able to tell them the proper diff fluid that will be required (and if there are any tricks or procedures surrounding refill with the cooler involved)

Snoopy49

Established Member

Attachments

• Pages from 2018-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-Supplement-version-2_su_EN-US_05_2018.pdf
    66.9 KB · Views: 321
  • Pages from 2015-2016-Mustang-Shelby-GT350-Supplement-version-1_su_EN-US_07_2015.pdf
    70.4 KB · Views: 279

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
does anyone happen to know the specs on how much diff oil is per spec for our rears with the cooler?

I found a write up from a pretty solid source for a non-cooler rear and it's 1.6 quarts.

I finally found a shop that's actually changed out a super 8.8 ring/pinion and isn't charging rapist pricing but I don't think they've changed out a super 8.8 with diff cooler. (I doubt many shops across the country have)

I'd love to be able to tell them the proper diff fluid that will be required (and if there are any tricks or procedures surrounding refill with the cooler involved)
I've changed mine twice and it took exactly 56 ounces of fluid both times to get to 9mm below the filler hole after I'd run the diff pump for 2 minutes as specified in the service procedure. Don't fill to the hole or you'll have leaks later. I used the specified Motorcraft 75w85 and XL3 friction modifier in mine.

Users who are viewing this thread