Diff between whipple sc and kb sc

GodStang

Established Member
The way they look. Rotor design. Both are great blowers and can supply you with good power depending on our goals.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Basically ford and chevy in a sense. Both are good. I have a whipple, only because I like the way they look better. My buddy has a KB 2.2, and it is nice too.

I do think that the whipple is more popular...

termin80r

Established Member
Ive heard from a couple of shops that kenne bells are pron to leaking oil, but i think they were just tryn to get me to buy the whipple. personally id go with the wipple, afterall ford does put theyre name on it.

moonltgold

I have heard from a few people that know their Fords that Whipple is better with the 4v and Kenne Bell is better with the 2v. I have no idea why -- but I'm going with Whipple.

cobracide

Established Member
Whipple will give you slightly more torque. The 2.9L is the sweet spot for displacement. One feature the KBs have is the liquid cooled LC versions.

Last edited:

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Are the rotors of either (or maybe both) blowers CNC'd billet or are they forged?

black 10th vert

Established Member
I was told by the rebuilder that did my Whipple, that he likes the bearing and seal design much better on the Whipple, as they use larger bearings and a seal design that is less likely to leak.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
+1. I have heard this too.

I was told by the rebuilder that did my Whipple, that he likes the bearing and seal design much better on the Whipple, as they use larger bearings and a seal design that is less likely to leak.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Hmmm may have research this more Im about to buy a kb 2.6h my tuner is a dealer for them & said he makes more power with them.I also like them polished!

GodStang

Established Member
Hmmm the kenne bell has most of the speed records and hp records for 2V and 4Vs. The KBs that leaked oil were the old style autorotors that have not been made in 5 years. You will make comparable numbers with same size blower. Now if you are looking at 27+psi than the 3.4L for sure is the way to go.

Ironhand

Banned

You also realize that both KB and Whipple have to dance around Eaton's patents that Eaton refuses to let go. That has alot to do with Eatons OEM reliability as well.

kbrier

Established Member
Kb 2.6

My KB 2.6 SC has been misting at front seal (greasy black oil residue underneath) and / or consuming SC oil for about a year now. Will be sending back to KB this winter for rebuild. When I bought car there was barely any oil on stick ... VERY BAD ... :nonono: I keep adding a few OZs every 300 or 400 miles to the correct level on the stick per KBs directions. Even more aggravating than this is trying to see the freaking oil on the dip stick. I made a special dip stick out of a piece of plastic just for checking. A SIGHT GLASS WOULD BE NICE !!! No matter; these cars are "bad ass" to own and drive. This car can do no wrong IMO! :burnout:

LETS RIDE,
Kent

cbr repsol

Established Member
Whipple will give you slightly more torque. The 2.9L is the sweet spot for displacement. One feature the KBs have is the liquid cooled LC versions.

i have seen this as well....my little 2.3 make more torque than a few of my friends with 2.6-2.8kb's even at the same boost level.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
My KB 2.6 SC has been misting at front seal (greasy black oil residue underneath) and / or consuming SC oil for about a year now. Will be sending back to KB this winter for rebuild. When I bought car there was barely any oil on stick ... VERY BAD ... :nonono: I keep adding a few OZs every 300 or 400 miles to the correct level on the stick per KBs directions. Even more aggravating than this is trying to see the freaking oil on the dip stick. I made a special dip stick out of a piece of plastic just for checking. A SIGHT GLASS WOULD BE NICE !!! No matter; these cars are "bad ass" to own and drive. This car can do no wrong IMO! :burnout:

LETS RIDE,
Kent

How many miles are on your KB and how much boost are you running with it?

greengt88

Established Member
They have Schematics and pictures on both website of the internals....KB's stuff is way more heavy duty than whipple...the cases alone should tell you that. one is cast and one is machined from a block of billet aluminum....hmmm which is better? Front rotor bearings are also another key difference KB's are almost double the size/strength of whipple. Not saying one is better than the other but just answering OP's question.

Users who are viewing this thread