Diff between 03 and 04 Cobra

cnaimo

Established Member
Just wondering what the big diff's are from an 03 to 04 Cobra, I know Paint color and slight different radio. also heard that the heads were different.. .

thanks
Charlie:??: :??: :??:

BIGGESTJOHNSON

Established Member
Heads may be updated, but unlikely, rear o2's are in a diferrent spot so guys doing x-pipes will need o2 extenders. Other than that I havent found anything yet

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
anyone know whats the difference from the 03-04 radio?? and yea the computer code is different for sure

CuL8TeR

Banned
Originally posted by TorchRedCobra04
anyone know whats the difference from the 03-04 radio?? and yea the computer code is different for sure

Comparing the 2 cars side to side there aren't many differences inside or out. The radio's are pretty much the same. Some of the buttons have been relocated. The 04 seems to be stiffer handling wise stock. I know the exhaust has changed on the 04. Lastly, the 04 doesn't have the mesh in the middle of the sun visors.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
The only real difference in the radio head unit is the connectors on back have changed shape and the pins have been relocated. Mechanically they are identical stereos.

MikeW

Established Member
Originally posted by 03graygt
the seats have a darker insert

That is an option you can still get the ones that look like 03's Med Graphite in 03's... that or Dark Charcoal in th e04's I like the dark...

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by CuL8TeR
. Lastly, the 04 doesn't have the mesh in the middle of the sun visors.

What mesh do the 03's have on the visors? I have lighted mirrors on my visors.

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
I think they meant the mesh net btwn. the two visors over your rear view mirror.... BTW.... What the hell is supposed to be able to fit up there anyway, its so tight, the only thing I have found use for it for, is my garage door opener, I just hit the button through the mesh... anyone know what its original design is "supposed" to be used for??

donaisenbrey

Established Member
Gas mileage is better. ('04-16...24 vs '03-14...22) No gas guzzler tax..........How did they do that? :shrug: ..................Don

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Originally posted by jcayer
I think they meant the mesh net btwn. the two visors over your rear view mirror.... BTW.... What the hell is supposed to be able to fit up there anyway, its so tight, the only thing I have found use for it for, is my garage door opener, I just hit the button through the mesh... anyone know what its original design is "supposed" to be used for??

I clip my cell phone onto it. Other than that the only thing ive put in there has been any sort of car show passes/id's that i need for track/show events. It really is too tight to fit anything of much use up there.

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
Originally posted by jcayer

I fit about 6 CD's (no cases) and I also put the wire of my sunglasses through, so they hang in there. I'm sure this was not what it was designed for, but who cares.

svtbrad

Established Member
The 04's eliminated the gas tax by adding a stupid shift light. I don't think the 03's have one.

The big difference is MYSTICHROME PAINT!!! Now that's what I'm talking about....:-D :burnout:

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by donaisenbrey
Gas mileage is better. ('04-16...24 vs '03-14...22) No gas guzzler tax..........How did they do that? :shrug: ..................Don
I noticed an increase in gas mileage when I had my computer reflashed, probably just in the tune.

Users who are viewing this thread