Diesels? NEED HELP

wicked90lx

Established Member
Go pre-2007 and stay away from the Ford 6.0 and 6.4tt. If you buy and 6.0 and 6.4 keep 8 injectors on hand at all time...lol and they are not cheap. The 7.3 isnt bad. Cummins 5.9 had injection pump problems, I think it got worked out in the 05 06 models. Dmaxs.......well its GM. GM suxs balls. BUT they dont seem to have much problems.

Just my $0.02 for a DD gas jobs are cheaper in the long run, even if you plan on pulling once in a blue moon. And ford superduty is the best looking truck on the road.

20LethalVenom03

Beaver Hunter
Established Member
Go pre-2007 and stay away from the Ford 6.0 and 6.4tt. If you buy and 6.0 and 6.4 keep 8 injectors on hand at all time...lol and they are not cheap. The 7.3 isnt bad. Cummins 5.9 had injection pump problems, I think it got worked out in the 05 06 models. Dmaxs.......well its GM. GM suxs balls. BUT they dont seem to have much problems.

Just my $0.02 for a DD gas jobs are cheaper in the long run, even if you plan on pulling once in a blue moon. And ford superduty is the best looking truck on the road.

^^^ this guy doesn't know what the hell hes talking about, and is obviously a full blown dumbass.

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member

What are you on, dope? :poke:

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
OK so far we have had TO many problems with the 6.4. A few reprograms and we just did EGR coolers on one..an 08 F450 with almost 26k miles..theres a TSB on 3 possible coolant leak spots. But yanking the cab off this thing was pretty cool...would make adding a huge lift pretty simple work. Since evrything is on a quick disconnect and there are alignment bols on the fram and body. Incase no one knows and major work on a 6.4 you gotta yank the cab. But that thing runs DAMN good..spools up to 30psi very quickly and rides great for what it is.

The new 6.7 has been a slow seller for us...havent sold a single one. Our main Chrysler tech said they have been having some turbo issues with them and knows of one tech at anotehr dealer who has a personal truck on its second turbo in 14k miles..among a few other problem...but Dodge just makes a shitty truck. Huge gaps in body lines..crap ass materials inside but a good engine.

The Chevy/GMC twins i dont know much about...other than the shitty IFS and ride height and crap ass tires suited more for a 2wd toyota by thier looks.

Users who are viewing this thread