Die Hard Gold Battery Charger.

Greenwood1982

Established Member
Hey guys,

The wife purchased me one of those Diehard Battery chargers for Christmas this year. I was told all I need to get from a friend was a battery tender. My wife threw about 80 dollars down on this thing, and it's a nice charger. Can I get the same results from this charger as I would from a tender? I am assuming this is kind of a "multi package" deal since a tender only serves for one purpose. Just wanted to ask what you guys thought, or if you used/use this on your Terminator during the off season months. Just don't want to do damage to the battery that's all. Any feed back would be helpful.

Thanks guys,

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
got one like that, thats all i use on our cars/boats/trucks batteries just go out every couple weeks and put it on its lowest setting until it says its fully charged. i have a tender for sleds but never use it on vehicles. ive had good luck with the die hard and the multiple setting is nice when the truck is frozen in the mornings:bash:

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I would keep what you have over a battery maintainer. The one you have says its fully Automatic so it should turn on and off by itself.

I have the Die Hard maintainer like the one listed here: http://www.sears.com/diehard-battery-charger-maintainer/p-02871219000P. It works but it sucks for charging a battery, I think it charges at a rate of 1.5 Amps. This is fine for maintaining a battery but will take days to fully charge a battery. In my wifes old car she had a short that was draining her battery, it was completely dead. I put this maintainer on it for over 12 hours and the car would still not crank, I believe it took 36 hours until I was able to start the car. Im not complaining because its not designed to be a charger, keep the one you have it has lots of functions on it and can actually charge batteries.

Last edited:

Greenwood1982

Established Member
I would keep what you have over a battery maintainer. The one you have says its fully Automatic so it should turn on and off by itself.

I have the Die Hard maintainer like the one listed here: http://www.sears.com/diehard-battery-charger-maintainer/p-02871219000P. It works but it sucks for charging a battery, I think it charges at a rate of 1.5 Amps. This is fine for maintaining a battery but will take days to fully charge a battery. In my wifes old car she had a short that was draining her battery, it was completely dead. I put this maintainer on it for over 12 hours and the car would still not crank, I believe it took 36 hours until I was able to start the car. Im not complaining because its not designed to be a charger, keep the one you have it has lots of functions on it and can actually charge batteries.

As always I appreciate everyone for responding. Riddick this is the link to the one that my wife purchased me. It is a battery charger/starter. Also seems to have an option to maintain battery life. Tell me what you think.

http://www.sears.com/diehard-gold-8...p-02871325000P?prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
As always I appreciate everyone for responding. Riddick this is the link to the one that my wife purchased me. It is a battery charger/starter. Also seems to have an option to maintain battery life. Tell me what you think.

http://www.sears.com/diehard-gold-8...p-02871325000P?prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3

Put in on the 2A mode and it will function just like a maintainer. Its fully automatic so it SHOULD cycle on and off as needed. It says it can test alternators and batteries which can save you a trip down to the auto parts store. Looks like it even has the capability to jump start a car as well as charge batteries at various rates. Your wife did a good job, id hang on to it. Spend some time and read the manual so you are fully aware everything it can do.

Users who are viewing this thread