Didn't have the pull until.......

NWUCIT

Established Member
I balanced and rotated my tires at 5k miles. Right after that the car pulled to the right big time....could feel it trying to take to the shoulder while holding the wheel, and if I let up on my grip, the wheel immediately jerked to the right..really had to fight it. Rotated per instructions (frt/bk, bk/frt). Just so happens, I had purchased a 2nd set of '03 Cobra wheels/tires for a reasonable price recently, so I replaced the fronts with the like 2nd pair, and NO MORE PULL....could it be that a lot of the advertised pull problems could be tire related?:shrug:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by NWUCIT
....could it be that a lot of the advertised pull problems could be tire related?:shrug:

my pull disappeared when I replaced all 4 of my stock F1's (without an alignment)....

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
So you guys are saying that a car manufacturer could put tires on a car that would possibly cause problems [sarcasm]. Seriously I like my F1s so far.
Any strange wear patterns in your tires when you rotated/replaced them?

NWUCIT

Established Member
Originally posted by flyn high again
So you guys are saying that a car manufacturer could put tires on a car that would possibly cause problems [sarcasm]. Seriously I like my F1s so far.
Any strange wear patterns in your tires when you
rotated/replaced them?

Actually fairly even tread wear....maybe a little cupping on inside of the fronts starting to become evident. I'm curious to the life of the tread....I'm not hard on the tires, but down to about 7/32nds (from 10 new) in just a little over 5k miles would tell me I will be lucky to get to 18k-20k. My Lightning F1's still have 6/32nds at 16k miles and I drive it the same way :shrug: Maybe softer compound used on Cobra tires?

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
My car had a real bad pull to the right when I bought it. The dealership rotated the tires and the pull was gone. Then I broke a half-shaft and they replaced the broken shaft and the diff. as per SVT. Now the car has a pull to the right again. I just bought the Steeda caster/camber plates and will have it realigned when I finally get around putting them on. If it stills pulls, I'll get new tires. These F1s are real sensitive to any sort of road crown. When I get my car on a really flat highway it doesn't really pull at all, just a drift.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
True, you do notice some movement from ripples in the pavement. I thought maybe that was from the tires being wider than my previous Stang's. They seem decent in the rain. Much better than my Goodyear Eagle GTs I had 18 years ago. Those tires made turning when wet an adventure.

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have a 92 SHO winter car that pulled to the right big time. Took it to the alignment shop. The tech swore it was tires. To illustrate this he took the right front off and put it on the drivers side. Result. Big time pull to the left. Tires do and can have a huge impact on tracking straight or otherwise. I've been fortunate not to expeience the pull on the 03, but when it does happen the tires are the first thing I'll suspect. just my 2 cents.
Ray

SC457A

Established Member
tire pulls drive me crazy at work.... the bigger trucks with 4x4 monster crap really like to turn when the tires go bad...

oh yeah.. seen tire pulls on brand new tires/cars with less than 10 miles...making ford pay... hahahahahahhahahahaha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread