Did the stock market just crash?

Coiled03

Established Member
I think they said it closed at about -370 and change.

EDIT: Orrrrr not.....the original post is correct. :bash:

Last edited:

juicedgt99

wannabe SVT
Established Member
At one point it was down 500 points. If it closed that low it be like a %4 loss of the market in one day.

Worst market day since it reopened after 9/11...

PSI87

Banned
juicedgt99 said:
At one point it was down 500 points. If it closed that low it be like a %4 loss of the market in one day.

Worst market day since it reopened after 9/11...

I'm wondering how much firther it would have had to gone before it closes automatically like it did on 9/11...

Personally I lost about $800 today, which isnt so bad because I was only had 50% of my money invested... If you don't have your money in, this could be a very good opportunity for you.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
PSI87 said:
I'm wondering how much firther it would have had to gone before it closes automatically like it did on 9/11...

Personally I lost about $800 today, which isnt so bad because I was only had 50% of my money invested... If you don't have your money in, this could be a very good opportunity for you.

So you sold your shares today?

Fourcam330

Established Member
We were overdue for an adjustment, Alan Greenspan and China may also have been contributing factors. The next question is, is this the start of a trend, or simply a one day anomaly...Personally I think the market will dust itself off and resume with normality.

Last edited:

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
I think my stocks went up a little over the past week and a half overall, so I'm good.

PSI87

Banned
wals9331 said:
So you sold your shares today?

No I'm holding...

I learned a valuable lesson before, never buy all at once. The other day I bought 100 shares of BSC at 158 hoping it would rebound to 165-167 (which it still could.) Today it dropped to 150, and came back up to 153 before close. I bought an additional 50 shares at 152.6x. Ideally I'd like to own about 200 shares of it, so if it goes down more tomorrow I'll buy more and my guess is sooner or later it will go back to where I want it to be. The same goes with GOOG, I bought 25 shares a few weeks ago at 457 I think, hoping it will go back to 500, which it probably will at some point. Today it closed at 448, so tomorrow morning depending on how the market opens I may look into buying 25 more shares of GOOG too.

PSI87

Banned
Fourcam330 said:
We were overdue for an adjustment, Alan Greenspan and China may also have been contributing factors. The next question is, is this the start of a trend, or simply a one day anomaly...Personally I think the market will dust itself off and resume with normality.

Your exactly right, we were way overdue... that kept me out of the market for a long time... A few weeks ago I began playing the stock market again, and even though I lost quite a bit today I'm still up overall for the month.

Users who are viewing this thread