Did the Aircraft remover mod to my rims *pics*

SONICBOOST

Established Member
I saw this a couple weeks ago on here and decided to try it tonight since i had the Cobra on jack stands for some cleaning anyways :)

This stuff works great, i just painted it on and wiped it off. I was nervous but it worked out good. Here ya go:

DSC00839.gif

NASTY!
DSC00846.gif

NEW AND OLD
DSC00847.gif

BLING!!
DSC00849.gif

ONE MORE:
DSC00850.gif

SONICBOOST

Established Member
thanx for the compliments fellas, the stuff i used is called Aircraft remover, i picked it up at murrays, its basically just a strong paint stripper. You can pick it up at murrays for like 10 bucks. Its really crazy how good this stuff worked!!

SVTHorsnake

Banned
SONICBOOST said:
thanx for the compliments fellas, the stuff i used is called Aircraft remover, i picked it up at murrays, its basically just a strong paint stripper. You can pick it up at murrays for like 10 bucks. Its really crazy how good this stuff worked!!

we don't have a murrays here... is that a hardware store? where would I go?

SONICBOOST

Established Member
Auto-zone, any hardware store would probably have some (home depot, lowes maybe) just ask for "aircraft coating remover"

fastsnake99

top down, chrome spinnin'
Established Member
that looks really hot.. im doin that tomorrow for sure ! i wonder if it would clean chrome.. like take any road debris off or if it would not be recomended

Sapperstang

Established Member
I just cleaned the insides of mine with soap but it didn't come out even close to that.

8urvett

Established Member
That looks sick, are those the factory wheels? I wonder how often a person will have to do that to keep em looking that nice!? I think I will try it on my ol' rangers wheels first!:)

mustangbrad

Established Member
Be carefull when using this stuff, it will burn your skin. Wear some golves, and maybe long sleves.

BTW: those wheels look awesome.

Last edited:

SONICBOOST

Established Member
Yea they are the factory wheels. I figured if i wiped the inside of the rims every time i wash the car and polish my wheels they will stay nice n' shiny.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
fastsnake99 said:
that looks really hot.. im doin that tomorrow for sure ! i wonder if it would clean chrome.. like take any road debris off or if it would not be recomended

Claybar is your friend.

i just did that to my camaro rims that i have sittin aside for my nova. they were that ugly as gold color so i stripped all that paint off and now they are just metal they look good i will post some pics up.

Users who are viewing this thread