Did my Snake get Fat?

boostedsnake

Established Member
I have a second run 03 Cobra w/just a Bassani cat back + a catted X and since my exhaust mod I've being getting about 10-14 miles/Gal w/normal driving. I also hear poping noices coming from the exhaust on deceleration................. did my Snake get fat due to my Exhaust mod? Did the computer adjust itself to run rich because of the catted X-pipe?.............................:shrug: :shrug:
I live in San Diego and would like to get my Snake dynoed to see where my A/F ratio's @.............anyone know of any good dyno shops in san Diego area that I could try?

Last edited:

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
You're getting a lot of views and no replies because your post isn't very well written and jumps around a lot.

Nobody is sure what you are asking. Try rewording your actual question.

You first talk about getting fat? (rich?)

You then say "since my car's running rich", but indicate that you haven't actually checked the A/F.

Then you talk about plugs.

Here's a blanket answer.

1. Search for spark plugs in the '03 forum.
2. Disconnect the battery for 15 minutes to reset the computer if you haven't already done so.
3. It will take a few tanks of gas for the computer to learn your habits for MPG efficiency.
4. Without more information on driving style etc. it's impossible to say that your MPG is off / on / otherwise.
5. I don't know where a dyno is in San Diego.

Hope that helps some.

Last edited:

OverToad

Established Member
10-14mpg with normal driving??

I just finished a 14 gallon tank. I was stuck on a freeway behind an accident for an hour, I ran the AC for about 20 miles, took a couple of people for some HARD driving to show up the 2.80, the DC CAI, the racing chip, and the Bassani.......and did 15.7mpg.

:shrug:

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
Originally posted by boostedsnake
75 VIEWS AND 0 REPLIES...............COMOOOOOOON GUYS.

If I knew something about cars I'd help OKAY!!!

:dw:

Leadhead

Melodramatic Nihilist
Established Member
Originally posted by boostedsnake
I have a second run 03 Cobra w/just a Bassani cat back + a catted X and since my exhaust mod I've being getting low gas mileage, about 10-14 miles/Gal w/normal driving. I also hear pop pop noices on deceleration................. did my Snake get fat due to my Exhaust mod? Did the computer adjust itself to run rich because of the catted X-pipe?.............................:shrug: :shrug:
I am also planning on replacing the second run stock spark plugs w/a set of Denzo Iridium Plugs. Since my cas's running rich and I have no plans to chip and pulley it in the near future, should I go w/the same heat range as stock ( I believe TR16's?????) or go w/the TR20's or the TR22's? I live in San Diego and would like to get my Snake dynoed also.............anyone know of any good dyno shops in san Diego area?

Are the poping noises from the exhaust? Might be timing.

boostedsnake

Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove
You're getting a lot of views and no replies because your post isn't very well written and jumps around a lot.

Nobody is sure what you are asking. Try rewording your actual question.

You first talk about getting fat? (rich?)

You then say "since my car's running rich", but indicate that you haven't actually checked the A/F.

Then you talk about plugs.

Here's a blanket answer.

1. Search for spark plugs in the '03 forum.
2. Disconnect the battery for 15 minutes to reset the computer if you haven't already done so.
3. It will take a few tanks of gas for the computer to learn your habits for MPG efficiency.
4. Without more information on driving style etc. it's impossible to say that your MPG is off / on / otherwise.
5. I don't know where a dyno is in San Diego.

Hope that helps some.

Hey Slythetove, I posted this while I was @ work and didn't get a chance to re-read or check for replies till my lunch break.............after my last edit I think I am being more clear now.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Well, did my 5 points help?

Oh yeah, popping on decel is normal. Nothing to sweat there.

boostedsnake

Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove
Well, did my 5 points help?

Oh yeah, popping on decel is normal. Nothing to sweat there.

Yes, your 5 points and ur last replay was helpful.............Thanks!......But I am still puzzled over why the low gas mileage after the exhaust mod?????????.........................as far as the spark plugs go, below's what I came up w/after talking to both SVT and Denso:

1st run 03 Cobra plug = AGSF12FM1F4 = DENSO IT22
2nd and 3rd 03 Cobra plug = AGSF22FM1F4 = DENSO IT20

On a side note: Per SVT, the Ford Dealer parts catalog still shows the AGSF12FM1F4 as the stock rep. for the 03 cobra which will soon be changed to AGSF22FM1F4.

Last edited:

Fiveohdean

Established Member
poping noices coming from the exhaust on deceleration..

If you have an exhaust leak between the headers and x-pipe you will get a "popping" sound on deceleration. If you used a gasket other than a metal ford gasket on the pass side it's likely to eventually leak. Also make sure the studs on the drivers side header are screwed all the way in before tightening the x-pipe bolts.

boostedsnake

Established Member
Originally posted by TDS-03
If you are willing to wait until May, there is a new dyno day scheduled from dynoperformance.com. It takes place at the dyno shop in Santee.

http://dynoperformance.com/dynoday.php

I've been to the last 2 and had a good time. Plus $30-$40 for a couple of pulls is a pretty good deal. You could just go to the dyno shop as well, but dont know what they charge.

http://www.thedynoshop.com/

Hey TDS-03, The Dyno Shop and JBL were the two Dyno places I had in mind but after checking around and also reading ur dyno, I desided to give The Dyno Shop a try. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread