did it again...

Mach&Roll

Established Member
Well every mustang I have owned I tell myself I m going to try a new muffler. This time I got my xpipe on with the stock catback but was so sad with the lack of sound that I ended up having some flowmaster super forty fours welded in. Don't get me wrong it sounds freakin sweet. Better than the 05 I had. I think it is due to the muffler not being at the back. Seems to take some of the raspiness away. Funny how just mufflers or a catback isn't enough nor is just an x pipe to get the sound I want.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I hear ya man. On my GT i bought a mac o/r h pipe and it was nice for a while but it got quiet real quick.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I put an SLP catted-x and Magnaflow exhaust on last summer, I'm already shopping for longtubes, lol.

It never ends does it.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I put a catted X on within the first week of owning the car. Then I found a pair of magnaflow mufflers and had those welded in. They sounded almost stock to me. So they came off about a week later for a Mac catback I picked up off ebay. I kept that set up for a couple of years. Then my buddy sold his Borla Stingers so I jumped all over those. The last thing I did was add Bassani mids the last time the motor was out. I get lots of compliments on the way my car sounds. My wife is constantly telling me my car sounds good. My buddy and I are debating who's car is louder right now. He has my old Mac catback with an O/R x pipe. Once my I get my new cats on he'll definitly be louder.

Mach&Roll

Established Member
I was tempted to try borla mufflers but didnt want to wait for them to ship. Like I said I always want to try new stuff but it just never happens. I dont think I would ever run a glass pack though.

Mach&Roll

Established Member
I dont want to speak to early or soon, but my check engine light is not on yet. LOL I posted it once before when I had my mach and it came on but it was a fouled 02 sensor. :banana:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
^ ha good luck, hopefully it doesnt come on. I have turned mine off like 5 times and it keeps coming back on.

Mach&Roll

Established Member
What mid pipe are you running? Never had problems when my 02s work on my mach with the bassani catted and so far so good on the cobra with the bbk catted but I have not been more than about 75 miles with lots of idling and revin when I pulled up somewhere to show someone.

cotchnobra

Established Member
I dont want to speak to early or soon, but my check engine light is not on yet. LOL I posted it once before when I had my mach and it came on but it was a fouled 02 sensor. :banana:

Do you have mil eliminators? Or you can get the rear O2's turned of with a tuner. just a thought. Also when I had my 04 gt I just had SLP loudmouth cat back and stock cats and that thing sounded awesome......for awhile till i got used to it and wanted it to be a little bit louder

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
I had a catted Bassani X with my Borla Stingers for about a week before I bought my Magnaflow O/R X because I couldn't take how quiet it was.

Mineral_01'

Established Member
Yeah I hear you, I went through the too quiet phase then went to the Way to Loud phase with SLP's loudmouth 1's then onto my current setup (BBK lontubes, O/R H-pipe, super 44's and SLP modular pipes and 3.5in tips) I couldn't be any happier!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread