did i waste my money?

2003cobraguy

Established Member
hey guys i recently bought a gauge pod with wideband digital air fuel as well as oil temp

did i waste my money on the oil temp? are our cars really delayed with that sensor? should i have gotten water temp?

please help

cbr repsol

Established Member
i would try to return it or exchange it for a temp gauge, You said the other is a oil temp gauge , if it were a oil pressure gauge, i would say thats not a waste of money.

Last edited:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
water temp is a win - but i'd look into a scan gauge that goes right into your ODBC port.. that way you could be done with it..

bubblehead93

Established Member
oil pressure would be good since the factory sender is just a idiot switch. a scan gage that hooks into your OBDII would be good since that would cover almost all your gage needs. one exception is oil temperature, no oem sensor for that - if your going to track your car - sustained loads - making alot of heat then an oil temperature gage is a good investment.

2003cobraguy

Established Member
i got an actual wideband, so no worries there. so it looks like it wont be a waste going with oil temp?

metaman

Established Member
Oil temp is important, you can get water temp off of the computer. Oil pressure is probably more valuable though.

Users who are viewing this thread