did I just get F******

blown88gt

Established Member
I bought a HD Loader for my PS2 off EBAY. I used Paypal to buy it. This is my first purchase useing paypal. I had my money withdrawn to pay for my item. Well that was the on the 24th and I just got an email tonight from Ebay saying that item had Violated some kinda thing and was taken off and I was not obligated to pay. Well I already paid and I just wanted to know what was up and all. I went to Ebay and all records of it are gone I have my records from paypal though. I sent an email to him asking what had happened and all. What else can I or do I need to do

SVT4ME

Established Member
Thats why I refuse to buy it if I cant put my hands on it. Nothing but pricks and dicks trying to bang ya. Yeah you save all this money till u get banged. Try getting with paypal, ebay or just call your local law

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
If you have a record of it coming out of your account and its through ebay...You "should" be able to get your money back,,,Ebay and Paypal are joined at the hip....if you get screwed by someone thats not on Ebay and you use Paypal your up a creek....

inteller

Established Member
blown88gt said:
I just got an email tonight from Ebay saying that item had Violated some kinda thing and was taken off and

no, you got an email from the dude ripping you off. ebay would have pulled the auction BEFORE it closed. check the email headers, I bet its NOT from ebay.

blown88gt

Established Member
Date: 2005/03/28 Mon AM 11:40:10 EST
To: [email protected]
Subject: eBay Listing 8180088454 Cancelled - Results Null and Void

that is the header I got

EDIT:
I responded to it and got an email saying it was an auto reponsponder and a long explanation about why they did something

Last edited:

bchisom99

Established Member
03cobrablack said:
If you have a record of it coming out of your account and its through ebay...You "should" be able to get your money back,,,Ebay and Paypal are joined at the hip....if you get screwed by someone thats not on Ebay and you use Paypal your up a creek....

joined at the hip?? Ebay OWNS PAYPAL

Captain Steve

Established Member
When you paid with Paypal, did you pay with your Credit Card, or by withdrawl from your bank account?

If it was with your credit card, you may have some built in protection.

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
to top it off ebay owns paypal. f*cking greedy bastards not only screw you with their fees they thought they should screw with paypal too. i liked it when paypal didn't charge you for certain services.....

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
Ebay seems so risky but the money you can save using it is almost worth it. I bought two brand new floor speakers for half the price I could find them at any store. They are sitting in my room right now filling my ears with music, I couldn't be more happy with them or the money I saved. I will say though I was pretty nervous up until the moment they were sitting in my doorway from the delivery guy.

IMO if your not saving a significant amount of money than ebay is not worth the hassle. Also ALWAYS talk to the person/company you are buying from on the phone. Never buy without actually talking to the seller, and asking them many details about the future transaction.

Paul

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
I'm an ebay addict. I pretyt much only buy from buss. on there tho. You could be screwed, but might not. Ebay will end an auction for a billion different reasons. I had one of mine ended early simple because in the payment options I listed that if the buyer wanted to use paypal I would need 3% on top to cover the fees.

Got5onIt

Mean Green Nation
Established Member
I think the HDloader was banned by Sony no too long after it came out. That could be the problem with your purchase. Not sure though, with all the imitation crap that sells on there, why would they care?

Users who are viewing this thread