Did I do this right??

Traumatized

..but it's just a truck..
Established Member
I received my tunes for my Predator from James and during the installation of tunes into the Predator at the end it asked me:

**DO YOU WANT TO REPLACE THE TEMP TUNE - YES or NO, I answered - YES -

Then it asked me:

**DO YOU WANT TO RESET ALL PARAMETERS - YES or NO, I answered - NO -

Did I install this into the Predator handheld correctly??

:shrug:

RidnRodsLightng

Established Member
I'm sorry, I'm one of those....can't help you with your problem...i just find it interesting that every word is capitalized in your last post....

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
you just started the thread, hold onto your pants.

JL custom tuned mine with my predator so i cant tell you if you did it right or not.

camcojb

Established Member
I believe the tune will load either way, but I think if you've changed any of the settings such as subtracting timing, adding fuel, etc. the new tune will keep those same additions and subtractions if you didn't reset them. So your custom tune will not be as it came from the tuner if you didn't reset them; it'll have your previous changes done to the new tune.

As on the other board, you sometimes have to be patient. I'd say the people who read your question couldn't answer it or they would have. I'm not 100% sure my answer is correct but I believe it to be so. It's been a LONG time since I tuned with a Predator.

Jody

OrgasmicSVT

Established Member
Traumatized said:
I received my tunes for my Predator from James and during the installation of tunes into the Predator at the end it asked me:

**DO YOU WANT TO REPLACE THE TEMP TUNE - YES or NO, I answered - YES -

Then it asked me:

**DO YOU WANT TO RESET ALL PARAMETERS - YES or NO, I answered - NO -

Did I install this into the Predator handheld correctly??

:shrug:
You need a better subject. I only looked at this post because I'm bored as balls.

OH-MAN

Established Member
Sorry I looked as well. Don't know nothin about no predators
Good luck with you question.

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
dont know if this will help you or not.. but did you look at your users manual that came with your predator??im skimming through mine, it should help you to look in there.

Traumatized

Established Member
Sorry, didnt mean to come across like an A$$. Been a bad day. I have not messed with any parameters before the installation of the custom tune so I guess everything should be cool. Thanks for the help though........

ralphy1798

Established Member
Uh, that doesnt sound right...

It usually just says to pleas remove the prdator and start your car...

It asks questions before installing...

Q's: Did it back up the stock tune?, did you see a status bar as it programmed your truck?

If you go to options / troubeshooting, it will tell you the last tune written, it should say "custom tune"

Traumatized

Established Member
I have not installed the Predator into the truck yet, just the custom tune into the handheld. It was bugging me last night so I went to options-erase custom tune, then went through the whole process again and downloaded the custom tune back into the handheld. This time it asked me if I wanted to replace the TEMP TUNE which I said YES, but it didnt ask me if I wanted to Reset the Parameters??? I guess I will worry about it more when I actually install this thing in the spring.

Users who are viewing this thread