Did EGR delete, and have ?s on DTC codes

Darknight

Established Member
Okay like the title says I did an egr delete and got rid of all the sensors on the bracket except for the last BAP one. I have not gotten it tuned yet but I just wanted to make sure that the DTC codes I'm getting are normal.

I'm reading:(this first code is what I'm most worried about, and wanted to check on)

**P0243 (Is this from removing one of the sensors on the bracket, like boost bypass?)**
P0403 (both of the 040* ones are for EGR so I assume that is normal?)
P0406

Please let me know.

Thanks

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
P0243: Supercharger "Boost" bypass solenoid circuit malfunction.
P0403: EGR code.
p0406: EGR code.

Normal codes and once you get tuned the codes won't come back. I wouldn't drive around like that for to long without a good tune.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
it'll be fine. just have them turn the stuff off in the tune :thumbsup:

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
If you turned off the EGR with the Predator. You need to plug in the electric part into the sensors you removed. You don't have to plug in the vaccume lines to the sensors. Until your tuner can turn off the sensors in your tune it will through codes if the sensor is not pluged in. I went through the same thing 2 week ago.

Darknight

Established Member
Thanks for the help guys, I just wanted to make sure in the process of installing a few other mods that I didn't mess something up to cause them. I thought it was just the sensors I removed but had to be sure.

While I'm here, another question.

Is it normal for a ported Eaton with a 6lb lower to be really loud? I've read some threads that sound like they had similar experiences and it was normal. But it just sounds like at almost any RPM over idle it is whining like it used to at I guess half throttle. Not sure if it will get quieter over time but I only have a few miles on the ported eaton if that makes a difference.

Just wanted to make sure it pretty normal before I drive 200 miles.

I am getting RWTD to tune the truck tomorrow at 2pm.

sounds good

Established Member
i know this is an old post, but what if you get the P0243: Supercharger "Boost" bypass solenoid circuit malfunction on a bone stock truck?

Users who are viewing this thread