Did Dave get power

Oxford Snake

Established Member
Finally got power as of 6ish last night. What a crappy week. Gonna have to replenish the entire fridge/freezer this weekend.

Also got the hdtv cable and internet back. Talk about being out of touch with the world.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Same here Dave. We just got our internet back tonight. We also bit the bullet and bought a generator. Runs off natural gas and starts automatically when power goes out.

Oxford Snake

Established Member
Shawn,

What are the specs on that generator?

I bought a little 2kw Honda for $1k. It was enough to fire up the furnace and a few lights.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Just remember how you felt for just a few days. Our troops do that all the time. :rockon:

Last edited:

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Oxford Snake said:
Shawn,

What are the specs on that generator?

I bought a little 2kw Honda for $1k. It was enough to fire up the furnace and a few lights.

It's a 13000kw unit made by Generac. Picked it up at Home Depot for $3k. Wired the sub panel in myself so I wouldn't have to pay an electrician. :)

And you are right, Greg, God bless those troops that live through crappy condidtions just to serve our country.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Joe5.0 said:
3k Dammmnnnn!

Yea, I know, but we have been down this road before and have talked about getting one in the past. This power outage just tipped the scales for us. It is really nice 'cause it is plumbed into our natural gas line and starts automatically when it senses no power.

Joe5.0

Established Member
wizbangdoodle said:
Yea, I know, but we have been down this road before and have talked about getting one in the past. This power outage just tipped the scales for us. It is really nice 'cause it is plumbed into our natural gas line and starts automatically when it senses no power.

Wow thats really cool.

Users who are viewing this thread