Did Bush raise taxes again? My refunds keeps shrinking under his administration

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
You have got to be kidding, right? Under Clinton, it was far worse than it is now. You shouldn't be getting a refund anyway, you should not be giving the Federal Government an interest free loan....

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Kurt Busch said:
WHy, so the government can take even more?
No, you get a tax guy to get you through the loop holes and you don't pay as much....thats what all the crazies say at least.

CLyons

Get married and have some kids that will increase your exemptions and lower your tax bracket. Although the cost of the kids and the wife could outwiegh the benefits of the tax break. A good way to lower your taxable income is to invest in 401ks or IRAs they count as a dollar for dollar credit against your taxable wages. Buying a house is another good way to lower your taxes because you can write off the interest. There are a bunch a different ways to increase your refund.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
make more money then.

Yeah seriously. Although you'll techincally pay more you'll pay an exponentially decreasing percentage of your income (i.e. someone that makes 40K may pay 10K in tax and someone who makes 100K may pay 12K in tax/ 25% vs. 12%). I think everyone should claim they had losses from the hurricanes. Chances are your auto/home insurance increased as did you other aggregate consumer cost of living. Adjust for inflation. It's entirely legal if you can prove your insurance went up and you spent more money than you did the previous year. As far as capital gains go, prepare to pay unless you want to write the gains of for future years. I hate having to pay the price for being an investor.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
CobraGuy99 said:
You have got to be kidding, right? Under Clinton, it was far worse than it is now. You shouldn't be getting a refund anyway, you should not be giving the Federal Government an interest free loan....

Wow, only took until the third post to blame Clinton. :lol: You guys don't even try anymore.

203Cree

Established Member
Refund? What the hell is that? I have to pay in, so quit yer bitchin! At least you're getting something.

bunk22

Established Member
Hire an accountant, a good one and go from there. Once again, I'm getting a good amount of money back. Of course my home helps, a wife, kid, military pay (meaning only a certain amount of my income is taxed), etc. The money I pay my CPA once a year is well worth the amount I get back.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
Striped Snake said:
WTF are you talking about?

I'm just trying to show how the tax you pay is not directly proportionate to your income. I know those numbers aren't realistic I just used the for ease of calculation. Essentially, as income rises, percentage of tax paid decreases.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
Striped Snake said:
It absolutely does not. The percentage actually increases with each higher level of income.

You're def. 100% wrong here. Notice the word percentage. Yes, you are paying more tax but its a smaller increment of you net income.

Users who are viewing this thread