Did anyone else...

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
work on their L this Fathers day or am I the only goof ball that did?

I had my fathers day cookout with the old man, and whatnot yesterday but this morning I was going to help a buddy of mine work on his car at 10AM. Just a bunch of random misc. maintenance things, a few hours worth of wrenching with BSing and breaks included.

So, I got the garage all ready, work clothes on, here comes 10AM.. then goes 10:30, I gave him until 11AM to show up, and then I said to hell with it so I pulled the L in, changed the motor oil since it hasn't been changed after the winter break, and I took my hitch and spare tire winch off. Sorry.. didn't take any pics but it looks a lot better without the hitch. That hitch is heavier than I thought, not to mention I had to use the impact gun to get the bolts loosened up initially, the ones closets to the bumper I just used my foot and braced myself against the ground.

P.S. anyone know if my hitch will bolt up to an 05 F150? My father could use a hitch, he has a 4x4 Supercab XLT without one (?), so I figured I'd give it to him if it can just bolt up, or even if holes need to be drilled.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
The only work I did. Was grill 15 lbs of chicken. I am finally done. Oh I did pull the engine and trans out of my 91 lx. My DAD even helped. That's all the work I did.... Now to EAT....Oh and drink a few...

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
Tazman1 said:
The only work I did. Was grill 15 lbs of chicken. I am finally done. Oh I did pull the engine and trans out of my 91 lx. My DAD even helped. That's all the work I did.... Now to EAT....Oh and drink a few...
'

Sounds like a good meal, we steamed up a buschel of MD Blue Crabs, and had hot dogs and sausage later on.

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one that worked today.. I was a little pissed that my buddy didn't show, still haven't heard from him. :shrug:

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
I miss MD Blue claw crabs. I use to go to MD when I use to live in PA. I use to go Crabing with my DAD and Grandfather....

ecoastkid

Established Member
mowed the lawn today. doing the wiring for my brake controller for the new trailer.

first fathers day without my dad (lost him to a heart attack earlier this year). kinda wierd with out him. my daughter was all excited to wish me a happy fathers day tho.

boston03cobra

mineral gray cobra
Established Member
thats funny thats what I got my dad for fathers day(king crab legs)also detailed the whole truck today.

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
Did a full wash and detail on mine today along with troubleshooting an intermittent intercooler pump problem - made for a great Father's Day !!!

Bird

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
I just got done flushing my IC. I always do it when it starts to get hot. I flush out all the antifreeze and run just water and Water Wetter during the summer.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
i spent about an hour and a half washing mine today. and wouldn't you know it, rained 5 minutes after. stupid summer showers, lol.

SADF

Established Member
blowbye said:
Me and my dad washed are trucks together today, he made me detail his 20'' rims... I cant believe my dad has bigger rims then me, oh well time for 22's

Your right. I remember when my dad and all the old timers could not stand big wheels. Now its all the rage and you won't catch an old guy with at least 20's in the back of his 57 chevy or even some other hot rods and muscle cars.

Users who are viewing this thread