did a couple of underhood mods...

SuperChrg'd02GT

5LPWR
Established Member
nothing earth shattering but I had a little money laying around and figured I'd throw it at the Roush.

IMAG0763.jpg

IMAG0764.jpg

IMAG0766.jpg

IMAG0767-1.jpg

IMAG0768-1.jpg

IMAG0769-1.jpg

IMAG0770-1.jpg

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
Plug off and delete that sound tube, cleans up the engine bay nicely, the chrome coil covers look good. I went with the black ones because I can't be bothered to clean chrome in that tight of an area

SuperChrg'd02GT

5LPWR
Established Member
Plug off and delete that sound tube, cleans up the engine bay nicely, the chrome coil covers look good. I went with the black ones because I can't be bothered to clean chrome in that tight of an area

I've thought about deleting the sound tube but am unsure how it may change the inside the cabin sound. I suspect there will be little change considering my exhaust setup. Have you deleted yours?

Mnstr50

Established Member
Hey guys- I'm new to this forum, but go by the same "handle" on allfordmustangs.com

I installed the sound-tube delete, and I couldn't really tell much of a difference in sound inside the cabin. Although, the install was simple and it did, in fact, clean up the engine compartment.

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
I've thought about deleting the sound tube but am unsure how it may change the inside the cabin sound. I suspect there will be little change considering my exhaust setup. Have you deleted yours?

yes i deleted mine

intake.jpg

i dont hear a difference, but then again i have Lt's a catless X and magnaflow competition catback, i think the only way it can get louder is if i had dumps right off the headers

Griever423

Established Member
yes i deleted mine

intake.jpg

i dont hear a difference, but then again i have Lt's a catless X and magnaflow competition catback, i think the only way it can get louder is if i had dumps right off the headers

I looooooove those coil covers. I just might have to break down and get them. How much did they set you back?

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
The company I bought the SS inserts for the engine cover, just got liscencing from ford to release their inserts for the stock coil covers... Wish I went that route...

SuperChrg'd02GT

5LPWR
Established Member
yes i deleted mine

intake.jpg

when you deleted yours, did you cap off the noise tube fixture near the firewall also? I removed the tube earlier and noted there is some kinda diaphram in that fixture and am assuming no underhood dirt will enter the cabin...

Users who are viewing this thread